Raspberry Pi 3 B+

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Ok, finally came back to test these after hacking them out the other day. Spent some time trying to break them tonight. After a little cleanup I think they are OK.

These are probably overkill, but I couldn't bring myself to post these without at least basic checks to prevent trashing the system.
  • randomizepi - changes PTUUIDs and UUIDs on the current root and boot partitions.

• resizepi - resizes current root partition to fill drive. root partition can be resized online while mounted. Optionally takes a percentage to expand to. Optionally can be passed another unmounted partition to expand.
@wardmundy -
An additional note - I meant to go back and add a no-reboot flag to the randomizepi script. The original "find root partition" method borrowed from a raspbian script broke after changing the IDs and the script could only be run once, so I felt a reboot was warranted.

The final "find root" method seems solid before and after changes. I ran multiple times without reboot in succession, before, after and intermingled with multiple runs of resize script expanding to 50%-55%-60%-etc.

Tested on your image, Jessie-Lite, 3b+ hacked Jessie-Lite and Stretch-Lite.

Last edited:
Reactions: wardmundy

Eliad

Reaction score
i just tried this image on an external SSD drive with a Sabrent SATA to USB adaptor and seems to boot ok with no problem. raspi-config does not want to resize it though because is not a SD card. Is there a way to make it resize for the USB drive?

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
i just tried this image on an external SSD drive with a Sabrent SATA to USB adaptor and seems to boot ok with no problem. raspi-config does not want to resize it though because is not a SD card. Is there a way to make it resize for the USB drive?

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Reactions: ostridge

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rampageai