I HAVE A DREAM Raspberry Pi 2 + Gotcha-Free PBX

smccloud

Reaction score
How do I upgrade my older install to have Incredible FAX? Or do I have to start from scratch again?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Older RasPi devices don't have the horsepower or RAM to run both Incredible Fax and Incredible PBX.

smccloud

Reaction score
Older RasPi devices don't have the horsepower or RAM to run both Incredible Fax and Incredible PBX.

Sorry, meant a Raspberry Pi 2 that the initial pre Incredible Fax installer was run on.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
WARNING: You're headed into uncharted territory. Make a good backup before you begin!
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblefax11-GUI.sh
chmod +x incrediblefax11-GUI.sh
./incrediblefax11-GUI.sh

MisterQ

Reaction score
So, the old hardware doesn't support the software and the new hardware is uncharted territory. Rock - meet "Hard Place"

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So, the old hardware doesn't support the software and the new hardware is uncharted territory. Rock - meet "Hard Place"

Not exactly. I understood smccloud to be asking how to run Incredible Fax on the NEW RasPi2 hardware using the OLD Incredible PBX software from the original RasPi. That's uncharted. If you're using Incredible Fax with Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI on the RasPi 2, there is no problem of which we're aware.

smccloud

Reaction score
Not exactly. I understood smccloud to be asking how to run Incredible Fax on the NEW RasPi2 hardware using the OLD Incredible PBX software from the original RasPi. That's uncharted. If you're using Incredible Fax with Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI on the RasPi 2, there is no problem of which we're aware.

I installed the first version of Incredible PBX for the Raspberry Pi 2 before there was Incredible Fax support it in. Just wanted to add faxing support just in case I need it ;)

MattL

Reaction score
Any chance we'll see call recordings and CallerID Superfecta incorporated in this?

smccloud

Reaction score
I would be happy with call recording to a custom path too, I have a NFS share on my Windows server I can mount on my Raspberry Pi 2 for them.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Anybody tried this script on a Beaglebone Black running the latest available Ubuntu 14.04? I tried it on a Pogoplug running Debian and it bombed during the Asterisk compiling. Not sure if the RasPi 2 is running 64 bit but maybe that has something to do with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.