I HAVE A DREAM Raspberry Pi 2 + Gotcha-Free PBX

smccloud

Reaction score
Doesn't look like I will, last update was the 4th and just says "Process through sort facility". Having it sent to work (wife doesn't know about it yet) so I should know around noonish.

smccloud

Reaction score
Got mine today, the Pibow Case is a PITA to assemble.

smccloud

Reaction score
Buy another one. You'll get better at it.

LOL. Have to use the one I have first? And my next project that could use a case needs an Arduino one actually (timer system for a Pinewood Derby track).

smccloud

Reaction score
Loading now. Just need to make two network cables & some room on my desk for my VoIP phone now.

MisterQ

Reaction score
Just putting it out there... Love Ward (et al)'s work. But it gets more and more confusing, which different hardware, different OS's, different versions.

I have an old Pi, says it's running Asterisk V11.11.0, on Debian 7.5

What's with this new -GUI Stuff, and raspbian - all discussion seems to be around the Pi 2 - will this work on my older model pi?

MisterQ

Reaction score
Yup, so I tried option 1 (upgrade your existing software - it just locked up - I know it says it will take a while for some bits of the upgrade, but I gave up after five hours - of course, it was then in a state where that couldn't be re-run, so I went to option 2. I get real nervous when the http://nerdvittles.com/?p=12233 comments include the following from ward.

Will this setup work on a non-Pi 2?
[WM: NOT recommended, but… it boots on a RasPi B+. PortKnocker fails. Everything else seems to at least start up. If you have a working B+ with the older software, I’d recommend you stick with it.]

But then, I follow the instructions in that stream, and find that Rather than having it automatically set up an IP Address, it would appear that I now need to add a screen and KB rather than SSH'ing in.

Frustrating.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Huh? If you have network connectivity, a DHCP address should have been set up automatically.

klingon888

Guru
Reaction score
I used the same Pi2 script and compiled on a 512K Pi (older version, not the B+) and everything started normally, except for Port Knocker which had a segfault. I looked at the install log and everything seems normal, no serious errors. Make sure you have at least a Class 6 SD card else it hangs during installation. Other issue I found was that during the menuselect step, it required manual intervention. Took forever to compile so I left it running overnight. Using Asterisk-GUI is definitely faster than FreePBX on a Pi-1. I also managed to snag a Pi2 but since I had 2 older Pi units, didnt want to waste it, so time to experiment!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The hang on menuselect with original RasPi has been reported by RPi-Fan as well so it's definitely something to watch out for on the original RasPi platform. Thanks for heads up on the Class 6 as well.

MisterQ

Reaction score
Huh? If you have network connectivity, a DHCP address should have been set up automatically.

I am at the having built a Raspbian image onto the SD Card. Put it back into the Pi to proceed. Don't have an HDMI monitor to connect to the pi (never need till now) - Is the DHCP Setup later. Or is there somewhere else, or a different approach to getting a bootable image onto the SD?

MisterQ

Reaction score
We typically move the image to the SDcard using a PC or Mac. Sorry. Misunderstood the problem. Tutorials are here.
Yup, got that, did that. Question is, does the image from Raspberrypi.org then boot up with DHCP/Networking etc enabled. Previously with the image from PIAF, there was no need to attach a console, but given that it's not talking to me, I am presuming that I will have to plug into an HDMI Screen, to debug/continue the install.

smccloud

Reaction score
Yup, got that, did that. Question is, does the image from Raspberrypi.org then boot up with DHCP/Networking etc enabled. Previously with the image from PIAF, there was no need to attach a console, but given that it's not talking to me, I am presuming that I will have to plug into an HDMI Screen, to debug/continue the install.

It will get a DHCP address. I booted mine once, got the MAC address then gave it a static DHCP assignment outside my normal DHCP range.

MisterQ

Reaction score
So, how do I work out what DHCP Address it has been assigned without attaching a console screen/keyboard.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
So, how do I work out what DHCP Address it has been assigned without attaching a console screen/keyboard.

On my system I can log into my router, and view the LAN status, and all the devices are listed there. I don't know which router you are using, but there likely is a similar table listing the DHCP leases.

MisterQ

Reaction score
Just to be clear - do I start with a Raspian Image on my SD (2015-01-31-raspian.img) or a Raspbx (raspbx-09-02-2015) onto my SD? And if the Raspian.img - this should automatically boot, and pick up a DHCP Address?

smccloud

Reaction score
Raspian Image, and it should automagically boot & get a DHCP address.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.