FOOD FOR THOUGHT Provider cost vs dependability

rchalk

Reaction score
A few months ago, I helped a company in the NE set up a system to cover three offices. In the interest of keeping costs minimal, we used Alcazar Networks, and Anveo Direct as the providers.
Setup was straightforward, and the pricing, at less than 1/2 cent per minute was very attractive. Over time, however, we experiences occasions where calls would not complete, with messages like "the number was rejected by the service provider", or simply silence or busy signals.

An email to one of these providers was answered by them telling us that "we are a wholesale provider, and do not guarantee that all calls will be completed"

On another system, I have been using VOIP.MS for several years with good success, so we decided to try them instead. We ported all the numbers (for free!) and since then, there have been NO reports of call failure.

The bottom line is that, even though the cost is higher, the customer seems to be happy. In a business environment, where the bills had been well over $1,000 per month, the increase of $30-$40 per month over the low cost alternatives is a small price to pay. Also, VOIP.MS has a very comprehensive web interface, simple invoicing, failover settings that are easy to understand, etc.

As in many things, it seems you get what you pay for!!!

Just my two-cents-worth.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Which provider told you they're wholesale and no guarantee? I've used Alcazar, was it them?

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I have Alcazar and they have not been good for me. Best low cost provider I've found is AnveoDirect. 0.004/min and very rock solid. Many underlying providers and LCR controls.
#2 for me is Voxbeam, whose rates are a little more than anveo,but very good. Voip. Ms next, and Alcazar last.

rchalk

Reaction score
There seems to be some regional-based difference. I have not had problems with Anveo Direct or Alcazar in the Carolinas, but in New Jersey and New York, there were several non-completed calls, problems calling Verizon Cell phones,while VOIP.MS has been almost flawless up there. VOIP.MS is also very good down south, but almost 2x the cost.

Reaction score
Like Anveo direct. Sometimes you have to refine your outgoing routes for some calls which you can do on their web interface. Being able to do SIP traces is also a major differentiator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.