SOLVED Problems with GV again?

espresso4jb

Reaction score
Thanks all ... this worked like a charm (for now). I first attempted to just update /etc/hosts to override voice.telephony.goog to the new IP address and that worked fine on a ping, but had no effect within asterisk - does asterisk force a DNS lookup on a specific server? Any way to point it to the hosts file first given that this is likely to not be the last address change?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Latest fix for Incredible PBX platforms:
Code:
cp /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf.old
sed -i 's|voice.telephony.goog|64.9.242.172|g' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
sed -i 's|voice.telephony.goog|64.9.242.172|g' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip
amportal restart

richard kuehne

Reaction score
Code:
amportal restart

This was a lifesaver!!! For the last 2 or 3 weeks I have had rejected registrations. Looked at the logs and it was a domain resolution error. I tried this today and bamm it works. WARDMUNDY, YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!!

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
ok -- if anyone can explain this move to me?

A month or two back I was under the impression that depending on the host I was coming from when I hit voice.telephony.goog it would resolve to a different IP address depending on my host.

For instance, my server in LA would return with less then a 1 MS ping time, and my server is buffalo would resolve a different IP from the same DNS record but closer on the east coast IP..

Is this an issue of google rejecting registrations using the domain, a necessity to use this ONE ip for all nafpjsip ? Does anyone have a clue what is going on here?

ajonate

Reaction score
Is this an issue of google rejecting registrations using the domain, a necessity to use this ONE ip for all nafpjsip ? Does anyone have a clue what is going on here?

I don't think Google is deliberately rejecting connections when using the domain. It's more likely that they've made unannounced DNS changes.

Last edited:

Jurek

Reaction score
Code:
amportal restart

Thanks !! You are the best !!!

richard kuehne

Reaction score
ok -- if anyone can explain this move to me?

A month or two back I was under the impression that depending on the host I was coming from when I hit voice.telephony.goog it would resolve to a different IP address depending on my host.

For instance, my server in LA would return with less then a 1 MS ping time, and my server is buffalo would resolve a different IP from the same DNS record but closer on the east coast IP..

Try running this, I was having the same error/issue you were

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
Keep scrolling down in the config file. You'll see two entries of "outbound_proxy=" for each GVSIP trunk you installed. Update both of them.
Finally found the second entry and replaced both. Now working. Thanks so much for finding this.

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
Does anyone have a way to automatically monitor the connection to GVSIP and send an alert if it fails? I know you can manually monitor the connection, but I'd like something to alert me if it disconnects.

pnannery

Reaction score
Does anyone have a way to automatically monitor the connection to GVSIP and send an alert if it fails? I know you can manually monitor the connection, but I'd like something to alert me if it disconnects.

#!/bin/sh
SERVICE1="gvsip1 Registered"
[email protected]

if /root/gvsip-naf/show-trunks | grep "$SERVICE1" >/dev/null
then
echo "$SERVICE1 service running, everything is fine"
else
echo "$SERVICE1 is not running"
# echo "$SERVICE1 is not running!" | mail -s "$SERVICE1 down" $EMAIL
fi

Last edited:

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
The script wasn't working until I modified one line:

SERVICE1="gvsip1" "$\t" "Registered"

Thanks for your help!

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
You're right. I tried multiple ways of formatting the query and none gave accurate results. Mine were always everything is fine, except with the tab character, then down because it never got to "Registered."

I've also noticed that being registered doesn't necessarily mean functional. I checked the status after a recent network outage and the trunks showed as registered but failed to connect when I called it. Just got my Google Voice message and not my IVR.

Last edited:

schalykh

Reaction score
it looks like google voice is going to hell and Google is putting a lot of pressure to this guy.
the web page was accessible and not anymore. http://nerdvittles.com/?p=26315
It has been working a couple of hours ago. Seems like its time to say goodbye to google. and start getting rid of everything this company provides.

there was a guide how to download the latest GV solution but it is also gone.

root@IncrediblePBX:~/gvsip-naf $ wget http://incrediblepbx.com/gvsip-naf-gui.tar.gz
--2018-11-15 17:26:08-- http://incrediblepbx.com/gvsip-naf-gui.tar.gz
Resolving incrediblepbx.com... 104.206.96.21
Connecting to incrediblepbx.com|104.206.96.21|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2018-11-15 17:26:09 ERROR 404: Not Found.

ajonate

Reaction score
there were a few changes from google side and he made updates that allowed gvsip-naf module to configure things properly to get the service recovered. The last post/update was today but it is gone and even files are gone...

Ward is probably updating the modules again. I'm confident that it will be back. In the meantime Google Voice is working fine for me now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.