SOLVED Problems with GV again?

Dobs14

Reaction score
GVSIP has been fine for me for months but, all of a sudden this afternoon, I'm getting "Rejected" in Asterisk Info and

"WARNING[17280] res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to..." in the Asterisk log.

I have checked that pjsip_custom.conf has "voice.telephony.goog" (both places) and have upgraded to Asterisk version 13.23.1. I've also recreated my Google OAuth token and removed and re-added the GVSIP trunk.

Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Graham

srvjm79

Reaction score
Same here. I noticed it around 5:30 pm (MST). Checked for updates, and then bounced the server, still received rejected status.

kdthomas

Reaction score
Appears that obihai.sip.google.com is no longer resolving. obihai.telephony.goog is still resolving.

Follow along here...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32...P-testing-and-technical-discussion~start=1080

People are doing this with success, by changing their pjsip_custom.conf files under /etc/asterisk

i got mine to register when i changed

;outbound_proxy=sip:voice.telephony.goog:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide
to
outbound_proxy=sip:64.9.242.172:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide

64.9.242.172 was an old proxy from way back in july.

Update: Just tried this and it's working for all of my trunks. Fun times Google...fun times...

Last edited:

Dobs14

Reaction score
Appears that obihai.sip.google.com is no longer resolving. obihai.telephony.goog is still resolving.

Follow along here...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32...P-testing-and-technical-discussion~start=1080

People are doing this with success, by changing their pjsip_custom.conf files under /etc/asterisk

i got mine to register when i changed

;outbound_proxy=sip:voice.telephony.goog:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide
to
outbound_proxy=sip:64.9.242.172:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide

64.9.242.172 was an old proxy from way back in july.

Update: Just tried this and it's working for all of my trunks. Fun times Google...fun times...

That worked! Thanks. There's a new issue now though. The web portal now crashes when I go to "Reports", "Logfiles". Not a big deal though.

kdthomas

Reaction score
That worked! Thanks. There's a new issue now though. The web portal now crashes when I go to "Reports", "Logfiles". Not a big deal though.

Did you do a "amportal restart" after updating the conf file?

pnannery

Reaction score
this worked for me

;#outbound_proxy=sip:voice.telephony.goog:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide
outbound_proxy=sip:64.9.242.108:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide

Dobs14

Reaction score
Did you do a "amportal restart" after updating the conf file?

I did. It seems having an IP rather than an FQDN causes an "htmlentities(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument" exception when trying to view the log files. Everything else seems OK. I tried adding voice.telephony.goog to /etc/hosts and using that in pjsip_custom.conf but I got the original "rejection" error. The DNS lookup must be happening on the proxy and not locally.

kdthomas

Reaction score
I did. It seems having an IP rather than an FQDN causes an "htmlentities(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument" exception.

Strange. I just checked all the logs on my system under Reports and everything is working. Might not hurt to also do a reboot...or two ;)

srvjm79

Reaction score
I'm a little confused. My pjsip_custom.conf is as below and shows no outbound proxy or any mention of voice.telephony.goog, only obihai.sip.google.com. I'm not well versed with the config files, learning this as a hobby as of right now....

Code:
; pjsip_custom, Copyright (c) 2018, Ward Mundy & Associates, LLC.
; Licensed for use with NAF's Asterisk 13 PJSIP patches pursuant to GPL2.

[incoming-registrations-unused-but-required]
type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=0.0.0.0:5065

[global]
type=global
debug=true
keep_alive_interval=90

[transport_tls]
type=transport
protocol=tls
bind=0.0.0.0:5061

;# // BEGIN GVSIP1
[gvsip1]
type=registration
outbound_auth=gvsip1
server_uri=sip:obihai.sip.google.com
"/etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf" 67L, 1540C                  13,0-1        Top

kdthomas

Reaction score
Keep scrolling down in the config file. You'll see two entries of "outbound_proxy=" for each GVSIP trunk you installed. Update both of them.

Dobs14

Reaction score
Strange. I just checked all the logs on my system under Reports and everything is working. Might not hurt to also do a reboot...or two ;)

I rebooted but get the same exception. What version of Asterisk do you have? I'm on 13.23.1.

trupsalms

Reaction score
I'm traveling, could someone create a sed to update the files please also creating a backup of the original file? Please and thank you.

Dobs14

Reaction score
I'm traveling, could someone create a sed to update the files please also creating a backup of the original file? Please and thank you.

cp /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf.old
sed -i -e 's/voice.telephony.goog/64.9.242.172/g' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
amportal restart

srvjm79

Reaction score
I need to get used to VIM, I suppose ;). I thought I was at the end of the file.

Thank you, changed both, and now I am registered again!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.