SOLVED Problems with both out and inbound calls

Scott Kelly

Reaction score
Hi. Installed XIVO a few months ago, got it working with the mac Telephone softphone with voip.ms. Didn't use it much after basic testing, as I wanted to get a sip desk phone, plus figure out the automated attendant (that's still in the future). Today, went to install a sip phone and found that calls aren't working in either direction on both the desktop and softphone. Voip.ms recognizes the DID is registered with XIVO. I went through all the faqs. Everything looks right.

Outgoing calls ext has 8NXXNXXXXXX with stripnum = 1. When I call with 8 and the number, I get the message "That number has not yet been assigned. Please contact technical Support." If I change it to NXXNXXXXXX with stripnum = 0, I get the same message. Not sure if the message is from asterisk or voip.ms.

Incoming calls get a busy signal.

As a test, I bypassed XIVO by connecting the desktop phone directly to voip.ms. It worked fine.

Thoughts?

Scott Kelly

Reaction score
Forgot to add, I found this in log "rejected because extension not found in context 'default'." Odd thing is there was an 8 before the number dialed. I did not dial the 8, so xivo is inserting it from somewhere, maybe?

Scott Kelly

Reaction score
OK. Found the issue. Had a typo in the sip trunk setup. Outbound is now working correctly. No busy on inbound, but no ring either. The pbx picks up then terminates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Kelly

Reaction score
Outgoing now working. Context was incorrect under SIP>protocal>general. Nice. Now I can start work on some of the other features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.