SOLVED Problems making calls on DAHDI channels

l3iodeez

Reaction score
I have a nearly untouched (hylafax installed) installation of Piaf 1.7 Purple with two Rhino R4FXO-EC cards. The card is recognized, DAHDI is running and my channels are configured. When I dial out, I can see the call connect to the proper channel in the FOP, but about 20 seconds into the call I get a message from the telco about how my call cannot be completed as dialed. If I connect the Dahdi channel to an extension using the FOP, the extension rings and I can pick up and dial out successfully, but if I just pick up and extension and dial it won't work.

I tried the stock solution of adding a "w" to my Outbound Dial Prefix in my DAHDI trunk settings, no effect, I still get the same telco message indicating mangled dialing.

Incoming calls work, but I get no outgoing audio. I can hear the incoming caller, but they can't hear me. Outgoing calls made as described earlier using the FOP get audio in both directions. I would assume this is unrelated but you never know.

Any ideas?
I don't have access to the system at the moment, but I will later tonight, so please let me know if any logs or other info would be helpful, and I'll post them tomorrow.

Thanks,
Henry

euser4life

Guru
Reaction score
Went through this recently with Rhino

I had the issue recently. Problem was that the Dahdi software echo cancellation was trumping the hardware echo cancellation on the card. Disable software echo cancellation.

Here is what James at Rhino support told me...

[FONT=&quot]Go in to /etc/dahdi/system.conf and remove the "echocanceller" lines. run dahdi_cfg and restart asterisk to test.[/FONT]

bluetrepidation

Reaction score
I had the issue recently. Problem was that the Dahdi software echo cancellation was trumping the hardware echo cancellation on the card. Disable software echo cancellation.

Here is what James at Rhino support told me...

[FONT=&quot]Go in to /etc/dahdi/system.conf and remove the "echocanceller" lines. run dahdi_cfg and restart asterisk to test.[/FONT]

Good info. It is always confusing how the DAHDI echo settings can affect the hardware echo. Who knows?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.