R.I.P. Problem with source url in script incrediblepbx11-11.2.

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Ward,
I know this is an centos 6.9 distro that I am using to install the script
incrediblepbx11-11.2.centos.tar.gz
The problem is that source for rpmforge is no longer working, So I modified it and then ran the script again. If installed everything except iptables service would not start properly. fail2ban taken forever to stop and start during installation.Status shows everything working except IPTABLES is offline.
What might be causing this.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We haven't been updating this script because Asterisk 11 is no longer supported.

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for a prompt response Ward. I understand you dont support Asterisk 11 anymore. I have some of our servers on Asterisk 11 i couple of our Branches. I have the backup of those servers through incrediblebackup. I want keep them running as they are now. GThey are rock solid and have not given me any problems so far. I want to prepare a VM with the above script in order for a disaster recovery.
I would appreciate if this script is updated is still maintained, because I find this very versatile and stable.
Regards

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
You know you could look at the newer IPBX 13-12.x script for the rpmforge part and replace the old link with the new link. Simple enough right?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@KUMARULLAL: We simply don't have the staffing to maintain systems that are no longer supported by either Digium or Sangoma. We would have to set up our own repositories to keep things going, and the demand simply does not justify the labor and resources costs.

If you want to stay with that platform, I'd recommend you migrate to Issabel and Incredible PBX for Issabel, both of which are rock-solid and still support Asterisk 11 and an older release of FreePBX. Be advised, however, that Issabel is planning to move to Asterisk 13 very soon.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Thanks for a prompt response Ward. I understand you dont support Asterisk 11 anymore. I have some of our servers on Asterisk 11 i couple of our Branches. I have the backup of those servers through incrediblebackup. I want keep them running as they are now. GThey are rock solid and have not given me any problems so far. I want to prepare a VM with the above script in order for a disaster recovery.
I would appreciate if this script is updated is still maintained, because I find this very versatile and stable.
Regards
@KUMARULLAL what did you end up doing to stick with this version on a new install?

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
@KUMARULLAL what did you end up doing to stick with this version on a new install?
This was a long time back. However, I do remember, I could somehow manage to find an alternate solution to rpmforge and eventually finished the pending tasks.
I had to then overhaul all the VMs and manually replicate them to the newer versions.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I know there are some that still have working PIAF Green machines as I do and would like to move them to Vultr. I just need to buy some time to upgrade to 15-16, especially as my box is running Aastra scripts and after Asterisk 11, those no longer function as written. This is why I am so driven to get this accomplished and moved over. I was able to use the VirtualBox .ova file and convert it to raw. Everything seems to work uploading as a snapshot to Vultr after fixing the network as indicated here: https://www.vultr.com/docs/correcting-network-configuration-after-snapshot-restore.

If this seems to be a viable solution, I can provide the link to the PiaF-Green .img file for others.

Is there any reason why not a good idea to use it in this way?

PiaF-Green-Vultr.PNG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.