FOOD FOR THOUGHT Potential Image Problem in RentPBX Installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
Because of an irreparable data base error, I had to bring up a whole new system. In the VA Data Center they installed Asterisk 11.19.0 and Incredible 12.0.70. After spend substantial time entering all the data, I addressed the configuration steps to accommodate Dynamic DNS users, and used the ADD-FQDN script to build the entries for IPTABLES. The commands processing, but the stations were not able to login. I manually invoked the IPCHECKER script, but still the SIP peers were missing. Using WEBMIN I observed that no IPTABLES entries had been made for these peers. I then tested adding a specific IP address using ADD-IP, and again checked IPTABLES to find that it was not added either. The .IPTABLES files were correctly created with valid contents.

I went to my alternate location in RentPBX Los Angeles, and they installed Asterisk 11.19.0 and Incredible 12.0.70 as well. With a virgin install I attempted to use the ADD-FQDN script to add a dynamic SIP peer. Using WEBMIN I verified that no changes were made to IP Tables.

CAN SOME ADDRESS THESE QUESTIONS:
1. Has/is anyone else seeing this?
2. I noticed that IPCHECKER no longer contains the section to add the individual names for the IPTABLES files. Is this correct?
3. What else can I do to fix this problem. My family uses dynamic SIP peers and knocking is NOT an option.

I am even open to paid support to fix this problem as soon as possible. I am recovering from a broken leg and dealing with other family medical crises so my available time is limited.

Many thanks to the community for your help.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
So I have been a long time user of the RentPBX service, I had them do a blank OS and I installed 13-13..

Few issues when I did it, but it's been very solid for me..

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
So I have been a long time user of the RentPBX service, I had them do a blank OS and I installed 13-13..

Few issues when I did it, but it's been very solid for me..
May I ask what issues and what were the resolution?

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Could not get the Hylafax to work --

and I make a few changes to Traveling Man 3 that caused an issue..

Look at my posting here -

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
Migrating to another relase. Ward please close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.