QUESTION Polycom Soundpoint 450 and dialing out

Kenneth Jacques

Reaction score
Hello,

Per the 3cx instructions below I am able to make calls correctly. One annoying thing though is I cannot figure out how to make the phone dial out automatically when the 10 digit number sequence is put in. I always have to hit the dial key. Does anyone know of a way to dial without needing to hit the dial key?

Polycom
The following information illustrates how you can make a call using a Polycom SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330, 331, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670 phones.

• Pick up the handset and use the dial pad to enter the digits followed by hitting the ‘Dial’ button.
  • Hit a line button and dial the desired number using the dial pad and then hit ‘Dial’.
  • With the headset connected, hit the “headset” button and dial the desired number using the dial pad. Press the Dial button to send then send the call.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Polycom calls it "digit map", google will help you there.

Kenneth Jacques

Reaction score
Hmmm. I added the following to the sip.cfg file found in /usr/share/3cxpbx/skel/Data/Http/provsubdir but did not make a difference. Still had to hit the dial key.

<digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|3|3"/>

I see a few other instances of the sip.cfg file though. Maybe it's one of these:

/var/lib/3cxpbx/Data/Http/provsubdir/sip.cfg
/var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/gs6jt2jteet/sip.cfg

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Check that your provisioning is reflected in the phones embedded we server.

Kenneth Jacques

Reaction score
Solved. After manually entering the below info into the phone's webserver under the sip, digitmap section, it works perfectly.

Digitmap field: [2-9]11T|011xxx.T|001xxx.T|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|*xxT|*xxxxxxxxxT|*xxxxxxxxxxxxT|*xxxxT|0xxxxT|xxxxT|*xxxxxxT

Digitmap timeout field: 2|5|5|2|2|2|2|2|2|2|2|2|2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.