NO JOY pollmailboxes does not seem to be working

John Rogers

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I could use some assistance. I am running Incredible PBX 13.0.192.19. Everything works great except I can't get my MWI lights to function properly. Here's the issue:

I can leave a voicemail on any extension that has it enabled, and retreive the voicemail no problem. The problem is that the MWI lights do not update properly. I have searched and seems others had a similar problem. I ensured that "pollmailboxes" was set to YES and even updated the polling frequency to 15 seconds, but no joy. The MWI lights will not light. What is weird is that if I leave the "new" voicemail on the extension and make a config change and hit APPLY, then the MWI light lights. Upon deleting the voicemail, the MWI light will also not extinguish. it only does if I either reboot the phone or otherwise make a config change on the pbx and apply it.

I didn't have this issue with the Sangoma FreePBX distro and nothing special needed to be done to the phones to make the MWI light work correctly. I'd rather keep the Incredible PBX because the install is lean and runs well otherwise.

I have also confirmed that the following appears in /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf:
pollfreq=15
pollmailboxes=yes

Would appreciate a way to resolve this if someone can help. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.