FOOD FOR THOUGHT please help with skyetel setup

jon9314

Reaction score
hello, first let me start by saying I was using incrediblePBX 13-13 with GV until they made it next to impossible to use it reliably. I ported my GV number to skyetel and was able to set it up on incrediblePBX. the problem I was having after that was my phones kept losing their extensions and not working(got frustrating).
then I decided to try 3cx(piaf5?) phone provisioning was a breeze! followed a guide from skyetel (may have been for a different version?) outgoing calls work occasionally and incoming calls get a recording from skyetell saying the number is not in service. i took a screenshot of my trunks page and will provide any other information needed to diagnose my problem. i also signed up for one of ipcomms free dids for use as my fax number and it seems to be working flawlessly.

thanks for the help

Attachments

• 3cxskyetell.jpg
    3cxskyetell.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 4

jon9314

Reaction score
I was just doing some reading, can I only have one trunk with this install? If that is the case then I can’t have ipcomms and skyetel setup at the same time, correct? If I am correct then this won’t work out for me. Can you tell me what my best options would be? My phones are polycom is 335. Thanks for all your help

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Is this a 3CX server? I was confused. I thought you had gone back to Incredible PBX. The @3CX folks will have to chime in with a solution, but there should be no problem registering more than one trunk with 3CX unless your license only supports one.

jon9314

Reaction score
I currently have the free 3CX server, I liked using incrediblepbx the only thing I had a problem with was the phone provisioning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.