GO HERE Platform Question and Xivo/Pi Question

MisterQ

Reaction score
Well, it's finally time to drag myself kicking and screaming to new technology - My Raspberry Pi 1, model B, is proably not going to cut it any more - So, time lash out on a new Raspberry Pi 3, unless omeone has a compelling recomendation for something else.

So, this Xivo stuff, that I see mention of, over on nerdvittles.com - will that run on a pi 3? If not, what is best hardware for that (Xivo) or what SW Version/Distro do I use on a Pi 3.

Finally any suggestions for a use for Pi 1 - the old girl still has life left in her... :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@MisterQ There's apparently a XiVO image for the RasPi 2 and 3 that's posted in the XiVO thread. We haven't tried it yet. Probably will be late summer before we get that far. Gotta get all the Incredible PBX pieces put in place first.

Last edited:

MisterQ

Reaction score
Oh, Damn - might have to give that a try. Summer? Mental shift from here in the antipodes (where the weather is pleasant year round. ) :)

MisterQ

Reaction score
In the interim my Pi 3, has arrived, and I a gearing up to put the latest and greatest IpBX on it, I have burned a SDHC, and from the sourceforge instructions, the next thing to do is...

4. Boot new SDcard image from Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 5. From display/keyboard/network connected to Raspberry Pi, login as pi with password: raspberry (DO NOT USE SSH) 6. Go through the automatic setup procedure and resize SD card 7.

Don't have a suitable KB/Monitor handy - the "network connection" I recall being able to telnet or SSH to a particular address (incrediblepbx.local or somesuch) - Tried a few options like that - no joy - what is the trick for first time network connection. (I am assuming a hardwired ethernet connection, even though the 3 has onboard wifi)

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
In the interim my Pi 3, has arrived, and I a gearing up to put the latest and greatest IpBX on it, I have burned a SDHC, and from the sourceforge instructions, the next thing to do is...

4. Boot new SDcard image from Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 5. From display/keyboard/network connected to Raspberry Pi, login as pi with password: raspberry (DO NOT USE SSH) 6. Go through the automatic setup procedure and resize SD card 7.

Don't have a suitable KB/Monitor handy - the "network connection" I recall being able to telnet or SSH to a particular address (incrediblepbx.local or somesuch) - Tried a few options like that - no joy - what is the trick for first time network connection. (I am assuming a hardwired ethernet connection, even though the 3 has onboard wifi)
Unfortunately your out of luck without a KB/Monitor. Ward has ssh disabled at initial boot. A TV can function as a monitor, you'll need to borrow/beg/steal a USB keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.