NO JOY PJSIP TCP Transport Shutdown Every 5 Seconds.

jamesmcmuffin

Intermediate Programmer.
Reaction score
upload_2018-8-15_3-18-46.png

upload_2018-8-15_3-35-5.png
I've been having an issue with getting TCP working over my PjSip extensions what happens is when i connect my Endpoint. The Endpoint goes Reachable but than not even maybe 4 seconds it goes Unreachable. Ive troubleshooted in many ways such as.

I've tried to take the sonicwall out of my network to check to see if that may have been the issue that may had been taking down my transport but sadly that was just not the issue.

I've also tried to check for packets on WireShark but with that i've had no luck. I just don't understand how i catch the packets from the Asterisk Server. I plug into my localnet via Ethernet and fire up WireShark and i set a Capture Filter to the "ip host <Pbx IP>" and i just get no packets or anything for that matter. and i just don't understand how i can figure this out.

I've also tried using Chan Sip to see if it clears up the Transport Shutdown and the Warning goes away but then is replaced with one way audio. Endpoint from outside firewall can hear the Endpoint behind the firewall but the Endpoint behind the firewall cant hear the outside the firewall.

I've been having these issues for almost a week now. i haven't found much on the internet besides just some information that there may be a PjSip Transport IDLE_TIMER in a file somewhere but i've had no luck finding it.

For my setup i use a Sonicwall Firewall with NAT enabled.

I plug into my localnet via Ethernet and fire up WireShark and i set a Capture Filter to the "ip host <Pbx IP>"
and i just get no packets or anything for that matter.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated.

Reaction score
James,

It looks like a NAT issue to me. PJSIP clearly states, "Shutting down transport 'TCP to 172.58.35.115:56445' since no request was received in 5 seconds" where 172.58.35.115 is your Zoiper's public IP. The fact that you experienced one-way audio with SIP confirms the theory.

What you need to do is gather the packet trace on your SonicWall under System / Packet Monitor. You cannot collect the trace on the Ethernet switch because it is not a hub, i.e. you will only see the traffic destined to the port you are connecting to, unless your switch allows port mirroring.

After you analyze the PCAP in WireShark you may want to start playing with your Zipper's ICE / STUN settings. If that does not work then SonicWall's NAT and Firewall fine tuning is in order.

Hope that helps,
Vladimir

jamesmcmuffin

Intermediate Programmer.
Reaction score
@Vladimir Mikhelson Thanks for the reply! I was able to get TLS working!! I started by going with your advice and did some troubleshooting with my Sonicwall to see if NAT was the issue but after trying with just a Public IP address and no NAT with my PBX open on the internet and sadly I still had my "Transport shutdown" Problem as displayed below.

upload_2018-8-15_22-34-21.png

See what happens is my Endpoints will go reachable but than not even 5 seconds later it goes unreachable. :/ Oddly enough if i wait 30 seconds after the transport goes unreachable it will allow me to place a call before it closes the Endpoint. But say if you waited 35 seconds it would not work and the Endpoint would be closed. Same error with or without NAT. But thanks again for the good theory but just not the case with me.

How i got TLS working!

I switched to CHANSIP once again after resetting my Modem and my Sonicwall and after that a lot of tinkering with settings on my PBX and Firewall setting on my Modem and Firewall. I still don't understand why i am having so many issues with PJSIP but i think it may be because of maybe PJSIP just not being supported i don't know though. I'm just glad CHANSIP works for me. If anyone has any information or clues on why PJSIP might be shutting the transport every 5 seconds for my endpoints i would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thank you. Have a great day.

James

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-15_12-4-58.png
    upload_2018-8-15_12-4-58.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-8-15_15-2-13.png
    upload_2018-8-15_15-2-13.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.