SOLVED pjsip module dissapeared

qtlnx

Reaction score
I've been using original IncrediblePBX, downloaded from an ISO about a year ago with no major problems. However just recently, after one unclean shutdown, caused by a hypervisor crash, pjsip modules appeared to be not running, port 5060 refusing connections and no traces of PJSIP in IncrediblePBX UI.
Later I discovered /etc/asterisk/modules.conf and Admin->Asterisk Modules menu with a huge number of pjsip modules and removed them all, preserving original modules.conf just in case. After that all users (sip extensions) started to work again but UI still has no PJSIP anywhere.

Does anyone have any clues what happened and how to deal with it?

PS. after every reboot all pjsip modules re-appear in noload list!

DaveL

Reaction score
I would definitely make sure you have a good, working backup before attempting this but I'm going to go out on a limb and take a stab at this one. Have you by chance checked Settings -> advanced settings -> SIP channel driver? I'm not sure how this could get changed on your system, but this looks identical at first glance to this other individuals problem at https://community.freepbx.org/t/how-do-i-re-enable-pjsip/32365/2

I can also confirm that if the SIP channel driver is changed away from chan_pjsip or both, the pjsip settings do all vanish from the gui (i'm in an environment where we are not using pjsip).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

qtlnx

Reaction score
Thank you! That was it! Default value is "both" but was set to "chan_sip". Reverting to original solved the problem, at least for now.

DaveL

Reaction score
Glad to hear it! Hopefully someone else can shed some light on how this could've happened, but I'm glad you're back up and running at least =)

qtlnx

Reaction score
it happens almost every time after a restart or a loss of power. Just checked that simple reboot does not change it. Apparently only hard reset does something sometimes.

Last edited:

qtlnx

Reaction score
question mark icon help message explains that this parameter is autodetected by freepbx and will be set to chan_sip on asterisk 11 and earlier. I am pretty sure that my 13.x is not recognized as newer then 11 and thus this parameter is reset every time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.