QUESTION PJSIP extensions with ATA - need to use 2 ports - how?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I have a 2 port ATA (Sipura) which is presently configured with SIP. I'm setting up another box and trying to get 16-15 working. I'm trying to use PJSIP only.

In Settings, Advanced Settings I have PJSip only (no chan_sip)
In Settings, SIP Settings I have the PJSIP port set to 5060

In my extensions, I need a port each for ExtensionA and ExtensionB on the Sipura - in chan_sip the port setting was an option on extensions. I can't find it with a PJSIP extension.

So, where does it hide and what do I need to do?

Do I set PJSIP for 5060 and SIP for 5061 and re-enable chan_sip? I'd connect to flowroute via PJSIP and it wants 5060.

Help?

Andrew

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
If the Sipura is registering it shouldn't matter unless the firmware is utterly moronic.

The Sipura might need to listen on multiple ports (one for each extension) for things like SIP to SIP calls, but should be able to register to the asterisk server on 5060 for all extensions. Once registered, asterisk will talk to whatever port the endpoint tells it to.

Have you tried? It should "just work."

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.