PIONEERS: Incredible PBX 3.0

mayoor

Reaction score
how about backing up freepbx and restoring the data .... extension, trunks and etc

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
That might work. Have no experience with it as I use mondo and incredible backup methods. Let us know if it works for you and please document the steps so everyone can learn

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Tom,

Just built a brand-spanking-new Proxmox box (on a quad core duo) and created a PIAF VM. Did the install of PIAF 2.0.6.2 and it went swimmingly. Installed PIAF3 without any problems.

BUT

When I went to install incredfax2, I'm seeing the exact same issues that I saw when I was installing it on the R1600.

You are having problems

While My prox box is busy at the moment with one of the other developers I did the following in Vmware workstation 8.0

1. Installed fresh copy of PIAF using the 20621 ISO
2. After the install I ran yum update to be sure that the php updates were installed. They were already with the fresh install of PIAF 20621
3. The system was Asterisk 1880/freepbx 2.9.X/32 bit
4. Install-incredpbx3 -d (I used the developer repo as I have been doing some updates on the english of the messages!)
5. system rebooted
6. install-incredfax2 -d (I used the developer repo as I have been doing some updates on the english of the messages!)
7. I also added the OCR portion to avantfax
8. modified iptables
9. I also downloaded the hylafax clients. I like yajhfc as it seems to work just fine with win7-64 ultimate.
10. system reboots.
11. No errors on boot up quite happy to send you a movie of bootup or a copy of dmesg
11. Copies of status messages are below
12, Vm had single processor/single core with 1024 ram and 20 gb HD space running under a AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor

There are some php errors in the apache log from avantfax but it does not seem to affect the operation of anything. Faxes came and out just fine. I will try later on a prox machine when it becomes free however if it works on vmware it always works on prox 1.8. Sorry I keep coming back to this stuff does not run on all configurations of hardware. Unless you are willing to permanently send us a machine to experiment with there is little we can do. None of the developers are willing to go in remotely to experiment on someone else's machine. The liability exposure is just to high regardless of good intentions. I also spoke to the PIAF team and no one else has found this issue on any of the hardware types we have in the pool. This does not mean anything other than if we can duplicate it locally we really can't fix it. For example a few users complained of keyboard problems on several different types of machines. We could not generate the problem and no one was willing to send us a machine so there is nothing we can do.

So it is back in your court what is different about your install/method/etc?

Tom

pbx3stat.jpg

fax2stat.jpg

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
The Deacon: did you ever get anywhere with your iPBX 3.0 install on the R1600 Revo? I have one of those here with only 2gb of ram and I was thinking of trying to install as well but looks like you had a lot of issues so maybe time for a new box.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I have had a number of PM's about problems related to the R1600. All complain about similar problems so for the moment we don't recommend using incredible on them.

Tom

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
Is there a good (cheap) atom or other embedded type of hardware that is capable of properly running piaf 2.x/centos 6.x (64bit). It's been a while since I've been shopping for such things.

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
The Deacon: did you ever get anywhere with your iPBX 3.0 install on the R1600 Revo? I have one of those here with only 2gb of ram and I was thinking of trying to install as well but looks like you had a lot of issues so maybe time for a new box.

Never did have it work correctly. I'm at the point where I'm considering moving my home PBX to a Proxmox KVM instead of the Revo. If I can find a decent Atom box that will handle both the PBX and the faxing portion, I'll head down that road.

FWIW: The cool thing is that the WAF has been so high with the older version of iPBX when I mentioned that I may need to spend a couple hundred $$$ on a new box to run the phones off of, she said "...I don't ever want to go back to the way things USED to be, so if you have to spend a few $$$ to keep our phones working the way they're working now, then I think you should..."

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Odd we were just having a discussion about this on the back channel. I guess I am of the opinion that if you are going to use your PIAF server for phone and fax you need something a little more powerful than an atom box. We have one in the lab D525 intel board with 2gb I think and when the tesseract (OCR) program ran the other day it "paused" the system.

Really try something like this.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=OPTI-755US-C2D316-R&cpc=RESX

Yes everybody wants a pico powered box running of a CF card with 128 mb of ram.... that just dont work here.

The box in the link will do what you want with power to spare and you could hang all sorts of servers off of it. Think sugar/fax/et al.....

mayoor

Reaction score
I don't have extra pc .... i just installed incredible backup and on the weekend will try to install new 3.0 and try the freepbx and will report .... thanks for all you do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.