SOLVED PiaF5 no system recordings/sound

DragonHawk

Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got an interesting one here. I'm in the process of spinning up PiaF5 on Amazon to evaluate as a replacement for my aging IPBX 12 install.I tried uploading my voicemail message file (in the correct format, I even re-encoded it to be sure) and all I get is dead air when trying to play it. I checked, and the default holiday message that came pre-loaded in the install doesn't play either. I have verified it's not a RTP issue as the loopback extension (*777) works no problem.

I'm running on Debian 8 with full updates. Are the install instructions missing a required package? was it a bad install? Any ideas on where to look next?

Thanks,

Greg

DragonHawk

Guru
Reaction score
OK, factory reset the phones I was using (figured it might have been a setting I changed in the past) and also setup the 3CX Tunnel on a local device. Seems to be working now, and I feel a lot better knowing my SIP passwords aren't going across the internets unencrypted.

MiB

Reaction score
OK, factory reset the phones I was using (figured it might have been a setting I changed in the past) and also setup the 3CX Tunnel on a local device. Seems to be working now, and I feel a lot better knowing my SIP passwords aren't going across the internets unencrypted.

FYI, AFAIK the 3CX tunnel doesn't provide any kind of encryption. It's not like a VPN tunnel.

Think of a 3CX tunnel as their answer to an IAX trunk. It essentially combines the communication channels onto to one port (5090) to simplify NAT traversal in the same way as an IAX trunk (4569).

NickD

Reaction score
FYI, AFAIK the 3CX tunnel doesn't provide any kind of encryption. It's not like a VPN tunnel.

Half-true, the Tunnel connection the 3CX Clients establish is not encrypted. If using the 3CX SBC software though, during the installation you get an option whether you want the Tunnel traffic to be encrypted. If you enable that, then it will be.

I thought I'd mention this as I am not sure what device you established a Tunnel from

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.