I HAVE A DREAM PIAF4 Is Coming?

DaveDog

Reaction score
an affordable method for voicemail transcription that is not limited. I have looked at the AT&T solution, but way beyond my capabilities to implement

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The easy (free) way currently is to set up a Google Voice account for each user and send their calls there when there is no answer. Voicemail transcription can be set to automatic with delivery to any email address desired.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
FreeSwitch :rolleyes: But FreePBX will never front-end it, so I don't see it in the cards.

billsimon

Reaction score
What would be the point of using FreeSWITCH if you're going to front it with FreePBX? FreePBX and Asterisk work fine together for what they do, which is a lot. Fully taking advantage of FreeSWITCH would basically mean writing a whole new GUI that departs from the ways of Asterisk and embraces the FreeSWITCH way of doing things. Enter FusionPBX. I recommend adding "SIAF" (FusionPBX 3.6 + FreeSWITCH) as the multi-tenant offering in the PIAF 4 suite.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
I agree that the Asterisk + FreePBX offering is very stable... and works on very low end hardware well (though some guys have done this with FS as well).
Bill, I guess I agree with you... Just so used to the FreePBX UI -- but yes, it's just driving configuration, so I thought porting it to control FS would not be that bad.
I have been using FS for many projects since the infancy of the project. It's very rock sold. As a developer, I love the fact that I can control it with a bunch of different languages.
But, always simply modifying configuration files myself.... and most of the FS work has been for specialty cases like speech integration, etc. FS does excel for multi-tenant, and I'd agree having
it as a part of the PIAF4 mix would be nice.

vic555

Reaction score
FreeSwitch :rolleyes: But FreePBX will never front-end it, so I don't see it in the cards.

Looking at a number of options, and I saw configuration as a standard build on Alpine Linux, with freepbx and freeswitch. I do not know how it performs, but I thought I would shoot this message to you, and hoping you might comment.

I am Looking for a secure distribution, with telephony support. Alpine appears to be a contender, built on Busybox, forked from leaf, and Sarge Debian.

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Tutorials_and_Howtos

Set up Freepbx V3 on Alpine Linux

This document will be a quick c/p guide to setup freepbx v3 (freeswitch support) on Alpine linux. What we will setup is the following:
  • Lighttpd with PHP
  • Postgresql
  • Freepbx V3
  • Freeswitch

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Looking for a secure distribution...

As an absolute minimum, the next version of PBX in a Flash will have the security mechanisms of the new Incredible PBX builds. That includes a preconfigured IPtables firewall with WhiteList support in addition to Fail2Ban and PortKnocker.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I would like to see the ability to pick and chose what carriers get whitelisted or at the least, the option for none at all and let me add my own as I do now, but without having to delete all the unwanted entries.

It would also be nice to be able to enter a group of endpoint IPs to traveling man at the same time with the same permissions rather than ./add-fqdn and ./add-ip for each individual one.

Oh and how about having incredible backup grab the iptables stuff as well?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I would like the ability to dial into my voicemail and select option 'X' which prompts me for a phone number. This in turn sets my call forwarding to that number until I cancel the action.

Andrew

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Heck, with all these political and spam calls lately, how about a feature code to automatically add the last call in to the Blacklist.. :2guns:

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Trimline2: that particular code DOES exist IIRC *32 look in FreePBX Admin->Feature codes and Blacklisting is at the top.

*30 Adds a number to BL
*32 Addls LAST number to BL and
*31 Removes a number from BL

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Since the CID is only blocking Numbers - yes . But if you log in right after adding you could change the '1' to who it really was. but then why would it matter as long as the number is blocked.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Here's what I was thinking. When a number gets added to the blacklist, a database trigger reads the CDR to extract the CNAM information and does an insert in to the table along with the date added. Another option would be to trigger a CNAM lookup on db add, and again insert the name and entry date. This would allow you to delete older entries, or, create a cron to delete them after they have reached a determined date. On my system, over the years, I've got close to 400 entries. Something on the lines of this...

Blacklist001.jpg

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Another thought, put in a column for hits. Each time an inbound number is redirected, add 1 to the counter.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
B13JqZvIcAAoxkD.jpg:large

safa0786

Reaction score
I know its more Freepbx related but how about " cid inbound route with option of multiple numbers "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.