PIONEERS piaf3-install 3.6.5

No permission to download

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
wardmundy submitted a new resource:

piaf3-install - The new PIAF3 Installer for CentOS and Scientific Linux

BhAJvBWIcAAer7B.jpg:large

We are pleased to introduce a new standalone installer for PIAF3.

Prerequisites: Existing CentOS 6.5 or Scientific Linux 6.5 platform

Downloads: CentOS 6.5 Minimal (32-bit or 64-bit) or SL (32-bit or...

Read more about this resource...

Sean Branam

Reaction score
I've tried this twice now in a DigitalOcean droplet and it has not been able to start, and possibly compile Asterisk.
I'm going to attempt once more and then go over the log file.

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Ward,
I tried to use the script to install PIAF Green Asterisk 11 and FreePBX 2.11. I got error downloading fopfix29.tgz but everything works just fine.

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
I used the script to install piaf3 on VPS CentOS 6.5 64 bit.
Is it just me or anyone else missing format_g729.so in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules?
I was trying to convert sound files to g729 and got error No Such Format g729.

I opened up piaf3 green 64bit virtual machine and I see it there so, I just copy it :).

Thanks,

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
G729 is a licensed codec so wont work unless you have a license from Digium for it

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Well you said you want to convert sound files. Passthrough can not convert files.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the Right Place to post this but ill give it a shoot.

i has a VPS XEN Server i pay like $5 bucks a month for it 1tb band, 1gb ram, 30gb space ( shaky calls most of the time like under water lol ) sad... :(
any way to the point!!!

i installed the Script:
cd /root
wget http://pbxinaflash.com/piaf3-install.tar.gz
tar zxvf piaf3-install.tar.gz
./piaf3-install
after server reboot i enter secret command: piafdl
then it asked me to install PIAF

i went through the install + re-install server about 15 times before i got it working.... all the times i installed i did not get ASTERISK to work then i got it working & now i want to share my resualts and how i did it & hope it helps!

now im not sure if this works on.... using Purple or other color of piaf but i know it works on Green and as long as it works 97% good i dont mind.

after i enter the secret code: piafdl it asked me to select a PIAF COLOR
i picked GREEN 2.11
then it asked me to pick and ASTERISK 1.8/11/12?
i picked 1.8 & later 11 but still no luck OMG..... so then after re-install of server i picked ASTERISK 12 and next thing i know THE PBX is working 97% good.
no issues so far my PBX is still purr-ing like a cat .... un-till she gets a furry ball, then it sounds like im under water but thats what i get for paying $5 a month lol.

i hope this helps someone you using XEN VPS.
EVEN THOUGH Humans say not to use VPS. no need to mount ISO lol just run the script

Big thanks to pbxinaflash & everyone.

FYI: i used Centos 6.5 64Bit
using both Google Voice & Vitelity.com

uspshooter

Reaction score
For those that do not DHCP services enabled where your server resides and do not want to stand at the server console, here is a trick to configure your network and then install via telnet. This will work for CentOS and SL:

Initially you must be at the console for the first steps:

At the initial ISO boot, when the first Welcome menu comes up, leave the selection at "Install or upgrade an existing system" and hit the <tab> key. The following line will allow us to modify the linux boot parameters​
Code:
>vmlinuz initrd.img
Append the following to the boot options: linux text telnet ip=<serverIPaddress> netmask=<serverNetmask>

Substitute <serverIPaddress> with the desired static IP address and <serverNetmask> to the proper netmask for your server. (If your network adapter is recognized, it will be configure your static network address and start the telnet server, waiting to continue the install process.)

Using sample information it should look like this:
Code:
>vmlinuz initrd.img linux text telnet ip=192.168.0.2 netmask=255.255.255.0

That is it! Now use your favorite telnet application and telnet to your server. The install process will continue. Once the install is complete the server will reboot and retain your static network configuration.

Two things I ran into, first I had to go back to the console and ctrl-alt-delete at the reboot because I think I shutdown my telnet session too early and it caused an error. Second, using IP addresses worked fine but DNS resolution was a no-go. I had to use vi to edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and add the following (which I was able to do from a new telnet session):

GATEWAY="192.168.0.1"
DNS1="192.168.0.1"

A quick service network restart and I was off and running!

Hope that might help some folks, I got tired of standing at the console of my server and manually configuring the network.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manne
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.