PIAF Recovery USB Key

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Over at Xorcom, they have a Disk on Key'-based PBX Recovery Accessory which looks like a great idea. It's a USB stick that you save your PBX configs to. That would be nice to have a backup script, Webmin or FreePBX module that would quickly save and recover the current PiaF configuration to.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This is now an option in Mondo Backups. I wrestled with it when we were doing the VPN in a Flash experiments with Fedora, and it wasn't quite ready for prime time. But that was more than a year ago. It would be worth another look when someone has the time. :smile5:

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
I wish mondo backup had an option "please just work and not fail like usual" :(

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
5013158447_bc4c8afa6d_z.jpg

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
I haven't used Mondo Rescue - can you backup while PiaF is operating? Or do you have to boot to the Mondo Rescue Cd? On another note, what files are required to be backed up from a running PiaF server? There's probably a thread already on this forum that discusses this.... that I should be looking for.

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
dunno about how ward and tom set it up, but one plus is you run it live and it supposedly generates a cd image you can use for bare metal recovery. but. the most common failure mode people have experienced (including me) is that the backup goes swimmingly, but when you try to restore it, you get various flavors of fail.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.