PIAF OpenVZ Login Broken centos-5.5-purple1.8.2.1-piaf_1.7.5.5.4-1_amd64.tar

amygrant

Guru
Reaction score
Downloaded centos-5.5-purple1.8.2.1-piaf_1.7.5.5.4-1_amd64.tar for a DellT110 running proxmox 1.3 (haven't been able to upgrade to 1.4 yet)

Setup a new container and ran passwd-master. Since this server isn't in production yet, I have all the passwords the same as the root password

Went to the PIAF login and have an odd behavior. The login prompts only for a password, no username. The password I set for in passwd-master fails. Tried chrome, firefox, and ie in case there was some html issue rendering the username field.. nope, missing on all 3.

I am not doing a typo on the password.

I tried making another container using the same image and got the same error.

I tried making another container using a different proxmox server and same error.

I redownloaded the image and tried again, same error.

This is in my http error log:
Code:
[Thu Apr 14 01:52:45 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.7] script not found or unable to stat: /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

The file doesn't exist on my server but it doesn't exist on my functioning non-VZ server either. But since it is just for apache stats, I wouldn't think this is causing my login problem. Regardless, I went to my functioning nonVZ server and intentionally failed logging into PIAF with bad passwords and usernames a few times and never saw that error in the error log.

Problem with passwd-master? Here is /var/log/passwd-master.log:
Code:
=======================================================
passwd-master - Begin Log  20110414 124
Released on 102010 1.7.9
removed `miniserv.users.org'
`miniserv.users' -> `miniserv.users.org'
Stopping Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
Starting Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
Pre-loaded WebminCore
Checking for .htaccess in /admin folder
FreePBX security update Is not required. System has proper .htaccess file
FreePBX security check/upgrade completed
`/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php' -> `/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php.org'
`/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php' -> `/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php.bak'
`/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php.piaf' -> `/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php'
`/etc/amportal.conf' -> `/etc/amportal.conf.bak'
`/etc/amportal.conf.piaf' -> `/etc/amportal.conf'
passwd-master - Finished Log  20110414 124

I made another container without running master-passwd however the PIAF web gui still prompts me for a login with a password but no username.

I saw in the NV comments another person reported this problem as well.

I actually had a problem trying to find the correct open vz template to download, I couldn't find a 64bit version for intel, just the amd template:
centos-5.5-purple1.8.2.1-piaf_1.7.5.5.4-1_amd64.tar

I wouldn't think that would cause this issue though. If there was some sort of architecture problem I would think nothing would run rather then just a missing username box on the PIAF gui login prompt.

Code:
+------------------------System Information---------------------------+
                                          |  Asterisk   = ONLINE  | Zap/Dahdi = UNKNOWN | MySQL     = ONLINE    |
                                          |  SSH        = ONLINE  | Apache    = ONLINE  | Iptables  = OFFLINE   |
                                          |  Fail2ban   = ONLINE  | Internet  = ONLINE  | Ip6Tables = OFFLINE   |
                                          |  BlueTooth  = OFFLINE | Hidd      = OFFLINE | NTPD      = OFFLINE   |
                                          |  SendMail   = ONLINE  | Samba     = OFFLINE | Webmin    = ONLINE    |
                                          |  Ethernet0  = OFFLINE | Ethernet1 = N/A     | Wlan0     = N/A       |
                                          |                                                                     |
                                          |  PBX in a Flash Version   = 1.7.5.5                                 |
                                          |  FreePBX Version          = 2.8.0.4                                 |
                                          |  Running Asterisk Version = Asterisk 1.8.2                          |
                                          |  Asterisk Source Version  = 1.8.2                                   |
                                          |  Zap/Dahdi Source Version = N/A                                     |
                                          |  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.11.4                                |
                                          |  IP Address               = 192.168.1.7 on eth0                     |
                                          |  Operating System         = CentOS release 5.5 (Final)              |
                                          |  Kernel Version           = 2.6.32-4-pve - 64 Bit                   |
                                          +---------------------------------------------------------------------+

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Downloaded centos-5.5-purple1.8.2.1-piaf_1.7.5.5.4-1_amd64.tar for a DellT110 running proxmox 1.3 (haven't been able to upgrade to 1.4 yet)

Setup a new container and ran passwd-master. Since this server isn't in production yet, I have all the passwords the same as the root password

Went to the PIAF login and have an odd behavior. The login prompts only for a password, no username. The password I set for in passwd-master fails. Tried chrome, firefox, and ie in case there was some html issue rendering the username field.. nope, missing on all 3.

I am not doing a typo on the password.

I tried making another container using the same image and got the same error.

I tried making another container using a different proxmox server and same error.

I redownloaded the image and tried again, same error.

This is in my http error log:
Code:
[Thu Apr 14 01:52:45 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.7] script not found or unable to stat: /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
The file doesn't exist on my server but it doesn't exist on my functioning non-VZ server either. But since it is just for apache stats, I wouldn't think this is causing my login problem. Regardless, I went to my functioning nonVZ server and intentionally failed logging into PIAF with bad passwords and usernames a few times and never saw that error in the error log.

Problem with passwd-master? Here is /var/log/passwd-master.log:
Code:
passwd-master - Begin Log  20110414 124
Released on 102010 1.7.9
removed `miniserv.users.org'
`miniserv.users' -> `miniserv.users.org'
Stopping Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
Starting Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
Pre-loaded WebminCore
Checking for .htaccess in /admin folder
FreePBX security update Is not required. System has proper .htaccess file
FreePBX security check/upgrade completed
`/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php' -> `/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php.org'
`/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php' -> `/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php.bak'
`/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php.piaf' -> `/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php'
`/etc/amportal.conf' -> `/etc/amportal.conf.bak'
`/etc/amportal.conf.piaf' -> `/etc/amportal.conf'
passwd-master - Finished Log  20110414 124
I made another container without running master-passwd however the PIAF web gui still prompts me for a login with a password but no username.

I saw in the NV comments another person reported this problem as well.

I actually had a problem trying to find the correct open vz template to download, I couldn't find a 64bit version for intel, just the amd template:
centos-5.5-purple1.8.2.1-piaf_1.7.5.5.4-1_amd64.tar

I wouldn't think that would cause this issue though. If there was some sort of architecture problem I would think nothing would run rather then just a missing username box on the PIAF gui login prompt.

Code:
+------------------------System Information---------------------------+
                                          |  Asterisk   = ONLINE  | Zap/Dahdi = UNKNOWN | MySQL     = ONLINE    |
                                          |  SSH        = ONLINE  | Apache    = ONLINE  | Iptables  = OFFLINE   |
                                          |  Fail2ban   = ONLINE  | Internet  = ONLINE  | Ip6Tables = OFFLINE   |
                                          |  BlueTooth  = OFFLINE | Hidd      = OFFLINE | NTPD      = OFFLINE   |
                                          |  SendMail   = ONLINE  | Samba     = OFFLINE | Webmin    = ONLINE    |
                                          |  Ethernet0  = OFFLINE | Ethernet1 = N/A     | Wlan0     = N/A       |
                                          |  PBX in a Flash Version   = 1.7.5.5                                 |
                                          |  FreePBX Version          = 2.8.0.4                                 |
                                          |  Running Asterisk Version = Asterisk 1.8.2                          |
                                          |  Asterisk Source Version  = 1.8.2                                   |
                                          |  Zap/Dahdi Source Version = N/A                                     |
                                          |  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.11.4                                |
                                          |  IP Address               = 192.168.1.7 on eth0                     |
                                          |  Operating System         = CentOS release 5.5 (Final)              |
                                          |  Kernel Version           = 2.6.32-4-pve - 64 Bit                   |
                                          +---------------------------------------------------------------------+
This seems to be a common area of confusion. If you are in a web browser and you click on the "Admin" button on the PIAF home page (by going to the FQDN or IP), you are at the Kennonsoft Menu. The password for this is separate from any of the scripts like passwd-master, wwwadmin, meetme, etc. This password is stored in the /var/www/html/welcome/htindex.dat file IIRC. I think all of the Proxmox images come with that standard password set. And there is no username by design. Again, completely separate.

amygrant

Guru
Reaction score
This seems to be a common area of confusion. If you are in a web browser and you click on the "Admin" button on the PIAF home page (by going to the FQDN or IP), you are at the Kennonsoft Menu. The password for this is separate from any of the scripts like passwd-master, wwwadmin, meetme, etc. This password is stored in the /var/www/html/welcome/htindex.dat file IIRC. I think all of the Proxmox images come with that standard password set. And there is no username by design. Again, completely separate.

Thanks that I was not seeing and was able to use a name from that file.

What really made it confusing was I that I was simply looking around Asteridex, made a change, clicked save... then it kicked me back to the login prompt... and then I got hit with the same prompt from different computers so I thought a server file got hosed.

That was very confusing but makes sense now.. thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.