TUTORIAL PIAF Hospitality Management System

Speedy2k

Reaction score
First of all, thanx for the great pieces of software, it is incredible!! I have 1 things i would like is to have alle the check-in room in the Home page of the interface! and like someone else said, when a check out occur, the automatic Bill creation into a printable form would be really awesome! thanx a lot!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Claudio's masterpiece is what open source is all about. Keep 'em coming! Great to see Elastix joining the party.

:party::party::party::party:

drvcrash

Reaction score
Im getting ready to set this script up an a clean piaf ,non incredible, running on the acer revo to run our small hotel.

anything special I need to do. ie what version of asterisk would be best for this? would 1.6 be better than 1.4?

zigg.z

Reaction score
Current page?

As was asked earlier, what release of Asterisk is the most stable for this install? Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6?
and before I mix up your google code http://code.google.com/p/piafhms/
with the install commands at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=628
I just wanted to ask if the original page at nerdvittles reflects all the fixes and hard work of everyone.

cd /var/www/html
wget http://www.kefa.it/hotel.tar.gz
tar zxvf hotel.tar.gz
rm hotel.tar.gz
cd hotel
chmod 775 loadmysql.sh
./loadmysql.sh

Thanks. This looks very good and I am looking forward to giving it a try.

alesko

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to get this system to work on FreePBX (just FreePBX), but there seems to be some things missing (agi scripts, sounds...)

Does anybody know where I could get these?

ohrass

Reaction score
I have searched with no luck, can someone help me with :

root@pbx:/var/www/html/hotel $ ./loadmysql.sh
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

ohrass

Reaction score
searched again and ran
chmod 775 /var/www/html/hotel/loadmysql.sh

but when I log into the website, I get
Database connection failed

ohrass

Reaction score
Newbie alert

I originally changed the mysql password so I had to edit the config file and update it with the new password.
I can connect now.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Only thing left is to import the rooms

AdamC

Reaction score
First of all can I say congratulations on creating a freaking awesome piece of software!

Secondly, could I ask how you are to add currency (£) to the bill, as well as a 'total cost'

This would be much easier as currently we have to add it up manually. I'm looking at implementing this in a hotel with 80 extensions so will be a true test! :)

AdamC

Reaction score
May I just add - I am willing to pay for this script to be customised. I do not mind contributing to the chap who made this software/script in order to customise it for me!

pigsinspace

Reaction score
Well i just got this module working on Freepbx latest distro -- only change is to the mysql passwords

here is the changes required

first instead of using ./loadmysql.sh
enter
mysql -uroot -p < Hotel.sql
Edit config.inc.php:
nano -w config.inc.php
Now you’re going to modify the following three paragraphs so that they match below except replace xxxxxxx with the mysql password found in /etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf
//Hotel database
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbpass = "";
$dbuser = "root";
$dbname = "Hotel";

//Asterisk database
$dbhost2 = "localhost";
$dbpass2 = "xxxxxxx";
$dbuser2 = "freepbxuser";
$dbname2 = "asterisk";

//Asteriskcdrdb database
$dbhost3 = "localhost";
$dbpass3 = "xxxxxxx";
$dbuser3 = "freepbxuser";
$dbname3 = "asteriskcdrdb";
Save and exit and you’re done with the config.

that is it. working for me.
i am hopeful this somehow helps it more over to a Schmooze supported module. i am sure many would pay a reasonable amount for this well developed module

pigsinspace

Reaction score
OK i been spending a lot of time working this code -- we use it at 4 hotels. it works...
my latest is to improve my old 911 alerts. got email alerts down to one line of code.
got call back alerts (calls the front desk when a guests calls 911 and tells the front desk the room that called 911) down to about 10 lines of code but could be less.
i like keeping things simple. wish someone would write a freepbx module around this code. i don;t know how to do that...
anyway. not going to post the description here because it seems like this thread is dead. if anyone is interested let me know....

pigsinspace

Reaction score
wow quick reply and good suggestion. yet there appears to be next to no activity there either. but you are right that is the best place.
i see you made a comment about wakeup calls not syncing with freepbx. i saw that problem as well a few weeks ago and fixed it.
if you want the code you are welcome to it. i am a bit leery in posting it online since i am far form an asterisk/php coder and did some customization for our use.

Reaction score
Well done. The authour is alive. Post on github, but this forum is the best place for asterisk advanced user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.