GOOD NEWS PIAF + GoIP GSM Gateway

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Gotta say that my StraightTalk/AT&T SIM works a lot better than the T-Mobile one but that could just be the towers that are close to us. Like you, I'm not sure that I'd want to use this as my one and only voice link, but cellphones have always been kinda hit and miss for us anyway.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Yes, this will be for backup/failover only (great idea for customers that say - but if my internet line is down, I'm down. Now you can say - even if all the cables get wiped out by hurricane, you're still up. AT&T can't say that :). Although I might try to use it at my first show. I hope they come out with a better firmware that addresses the DTMF issue. Really like the concept of the device and it does work (for the most part).

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Happy new year all ---

Anyone using this device have an update on the DTMF issues that have been reported.

==============

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Happy new year all ---

Anyone using this device have an update on the DTMF issues that have been reported.

==============
This device was released back in 2009 - even if it showed up on NV recently - I doubt very much if there is any firmware update/development happening anymore.I have near zero hope that the dtmf issue will be sorted.

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
I recently investested in a beaglebone black and an unlocked Huawue E153 USB dongle. With a bit of googling and trial and error, I was able to make it work - AND, DTMF has worked as well - worth considering - though I'm not sure if Chan_Dongle can be made to work with full blown PiaF.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I recently investested in a beaglebone black and an unlocked Huawue E153 USB dongle. With a bit of googling and trial and error, I was able to make it work - AND, DTMF has worked as well - worth considering - though I'm not sure if Chan_Dongle can be made to work with full blown PiaF.

Interesting ... why do you think it would work on beaglebone, but not on another server such as a foxconn?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It seems to have trouble with CentOS. I couldn't get it to work either. I've got one you can play with if you're up for it. Just PM me.

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Ward, any thoughts on Chan_Dongle working with Scientific Linux??

Riz

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Btw, followed these instructions, http://www.asteriskmakeeasy.com/2013/10/asterisk-11-gsm-trunk-and-gateway-using.html along with this command

chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB*

and seems I may've configured my E153 on my FoxConn Asterisk machine

ID Group State RSSI Mode Submode Provider Name Model Firmware IMEI IMSI Number

dongle0 0 Free 21 0 0 TSTT E153 11.609.18.00.00 861xxxx32047 3xxxxxxxxxx2471 Unknownut

Haven't tested anything yet (kids sleeping), but, at least its being detected.

Riz

Ernst F

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am trying to use a GoIP 4 channels with Incredible PBX 13.0.02 on Ubuntu 14.04, I followed every details on "http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?s=goip" except the DISA setup because I do not neet it. I enabled the internal IVR for testing and I receiving "service not available" when I call one of the SIM cards. In Asterisk CLI I have:

Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status Description
GoIP1 192.168.4.43 Yes Yes 5060 OK (11 ms)
goip_1 (Unspecified) D Yes Yes 0 UNKNOWN
2 sip peers [Monitored: 1 online, 1 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 0 offline]
[2015-08-04 12:24:42] NOTICE[5742]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:256 log_unidentified_request: Request from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.4.43:5060' (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found.

One thing to note, my GoIP does not have the exact same firmware version as in Ward's post. I have attached a few pics so you better understand.

firmware-version.PNGnet.PNGvoip_1.PNGvoip_2.PNGvoip_3.PNGvoip_4.PNGvoip_5.PNGvoip_6.PNG

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
i know this post is OLDDDDDD..d but i got one goip-1 got calls to work in and out but sms.... trying to get that

i did get SMS to work incoming although no MMS.... but sending SMS out... no joy

anyone get that to work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.