R.I.P. PIAF Endpoint Manager

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Works now. I have to figure out how to modify the cfg file so that it does not assign the single extension to each of the four lines. In other words disable line 2/3/4 on the phone. I'm not sure if that should be a default or not because I don't know how people generally use them.

Multiple Line support will be coming in a future upgrade. It's suppose to be in 2.5 which will fix this issue.

For now I can release an update that would disable lines 2-4. if you figure it out then let me know otherwise I'll do some research myself

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Discovered something; after configuring everything plugged in another phone and it picked up the config for a different MAC. I'll have to figure out why that happened later.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I am testing the endpoint manager and I can not get one of my BT200s to reboot or do anything in response to Endpoint Mgr. I had another BT200 that is exactly the same that worked fine, but this second one will not.
The extension is shown when I do the search/scan, and I add it successfully. But when I click to reboot the phone or to rebuild the config, nothing happens.
The phones are running on the latest firmware from GS.
I am running 1.9.9 version of the plugin. (Edit: Corrected version number)
FreePBX 2.5.2.3
PIAF 1.4
Asterisk 1.4.21.2
Thanks
--Edit
Also, I have a Snom M3 and I see that that could be provisioned. How would that work with provisioning each separate line on the M3 with a different extension? Right now it only asks for one.

illinidan

Reaction score
Anyone having this problem adding Grandstream phones?

I'm new to PIAF - just switching over from Trixbox (had been using for ~5 years) where I used the Endpoint Manager there to manage my GXP2000 phones.
Just installed 1.99 Endpoint Manager on PIAF and can edit the templates, but can't apply any, nor can I edit individual phone configs. When I try to add a new phone I get a bunch of Notices like this:

Notice
: Undefined index: variable in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/devices_manager.inc on line 61
Notice: Undefined index: default_value in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/devices_manager.inc on line 62

And then some warnings where it looks like it's not picking up the brand "grandstream" or the model "gxp" to append to the path /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/...

Notice
: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/grandstream/gxp/functions.inc on line 40
Notice: Undefined index: config_files_override in /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/grandstream/gxp/functions.inc on line 41
Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/grandstream/gxp/functions.inc on line 41
Notice: Undefined index: directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 328
Notice: Undefined index: cfg_dir in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 328
Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules///$mac.cfg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 332
Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules///$mac.cfg in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 333
Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 333
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 334

I've tried rebooting, restarting asterisk, removing and reinstalling EM 1.99 but nothing is helping. I've checked ownership and permissions on /tftpboot - even did chmod 777 for the directory and all files.

Any pointers to get me going in the right direction would be much appreciated. It's my last hurdle before I'm ready to deploy PIAF at our company. Thanks!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I am testing the endpoint manager and I can not get one of my BT200s to reboot or do anything in response to Endpoint Mgr. I had another BT200 that is exactly the same that worked fine, but this second one will not.
The extension is shown when I do the search/scan, and I add it successfully. But when I click to reboot the phone or to rebuild the config, nothing happens.
The phones are running on the latest firmware from GS.
I am running 1.9.9 version of the plugin. (Edit: Corrected version number)
FreePBX 2.5.2.3
PIAF 1.4
Asterisk 1.4.21.2
Thanks
--Edit
Also, I have a Snom M3 and I see that that could be provisioned. How would that work with provisioning each separate line on the M3 with a different extension? Right now it only asks for one.

Grandstream phones have strange issues with remote reboot commands from Asterisk. In one office I can reboot the 6 grandstream phones through the web interface. In another office I am unable to reboot any grandstream phones. This is the exact same code used between systems. It's something I can not explain but it has to do with different versions of Asterisk I suppose.

The module doesn't support multiple lines, but it is something I am working on and will come out as 2.5

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I'm new to PIAF - just switching over from Trixbox (had been using for ~5 years) where I used the Endpoint Manager there to manage my GXP2000 phones.
Just installed 1.99 Endpoint Manager on PIAF and can edit the templates, but can't apply any, nor can I edit individual phone configs. When I try to add a new phone I get a bunch of Notices like this:

Notice
: Undefined index: variable in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/devices_manager.inc on line 61
Notice: Undefined index: default_value in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/devices_manager.inc on line 62

And then some warnings where it looks like it's not picking up the brand "grandstream" or the model "gxp" to append to the path /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/...

Notice
: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/grandstream/gxp/functions.inc on line 40
Notice: Undefined index: config_files_override in /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/grandstream/gxp/functions.inc on line 41
Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/grandstream/gxp/functions.inc on line 41
Notice: Undefined index: directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 328
Notice: Undefined index: cfg_dir in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 328
Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules///$mac.cfg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 332
Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules///$mac.cfg in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 333
Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 333
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 334

I've tried rebooting, restarting asterisk, removing and reinstalling EM 1.99 but nothing is helping. I've checked ownership and permissions on /tftpboot - even did chmod 777 for the directory and all files.

Any pointers to get me going in the right direction would be much appreciated. It's my last hurdle before I'm ready to deploy PIAF at our company. Thanks!

Well. This is strange.

can you get to the SSH terminal and copy and paste the status text (it gives me everything I need to know about your system)

jpe

Reaction score
Using Endpoint Manager 1.9.9

it generated the following error in the phone conf file on line 23

nat_address: "192/168.1.101"

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Using Endpoint Manager 1.9.9

it generated the following error in the phone conf file on line 23

nat_address: "192/168.1.101"

Sorry I need you to be more detailed as there are about 24 different phone configuration files.

What Brand & Model of phone are you talking about?

What configuration file are you referring to?

In all of my files I never set or mess with nat addresses.

jpe

Reaction score
Ooooops. was my error. didnt check the config file. i must have input it wrong.
sorry about being vauge on OP.

Cisco 7960
all is well

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Ooooops. was my error. didnt check the config file. i must have input it wrong.
sorry about being vauge on OP.

Cisco 7960
all is well

Good to know it works. I own a 7960 myself but use SCCP so I was never sure if the SIP files would work!

Thanks for being a tester!! :biggrin5:

jpe

Reaction score
I just rebuilt the system on a new host. Started from scratch instead of restoring config this go. Used EndPoint Manager with 4 Cisco 7960s and 4 Grandstream GXP 2000s. No problems so far.

illinidan

Reaction score
Well. This is strange.

can you get to the SSH terminal and copy and paste the status text (it gives me everything I need to know about your system)

Thanks for the reply - here is the status:
root@pbx:~ $ status

Status Version 1.2.9 released on Date 042310
* PBX in a Flash Version Daemon Status *
* Running Asterisk 1.4 *
* Asterisk * ONLINE * Zaptel * ONLINE * MySQL * ONLINE *
* SSH * ONLINE * Apache * ONLINE * Iptables * ONLINE *
* Fail2ban * ONLINE * IP Connect* ONLINE * Ip6tables * ONLINE *
* BlueTooth * ONLINE * Hidd * ONLINE * NTPD * ONLINE *
* Sendmail * ONLINE * Samba * OFFLINE * Webmin * ONLINE *
* Ethernet0 * ONLINE * Ethernet1 * N/A * Wlan0 * N/A *
* Running Asterisk Version : Asterisk 1.4.21.2
* Asterisk Source Version : 1.4.21.2
* Zaptel Source Version : 1.4.12.1
* Libpri Source Version : 1.4.10.2
* Addons Source Version : 1.4.7
pbx.cts.local on 10.254.0.105 - eth0
CentOS release 5.4 (Final) :32 Bit Kernel: 2.6.18-164.6.1.el5
root@pbx:~ $

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I've done a bit more testing. The digit dial plan timeouts for Polycom Soundstation 6000's (and 7000's) is 3|3|3|3|3|3 etc. The problem is when dialing it really does timeout after 3 digits (ie you can't even dial a full number). I imagine this should probably be changed?

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I've done a bit more testing. The digit dial plan timeouts for Polycom Soundstation 6000's (and 7000's) is 3|3|3|3|3|3 etc. The problem is when dialing it really does timeout after 3 digits (ie you can't even dial a full number). I imagine this should probably be changed?

Only happens on the 6000? The new version supports different templates for different phone models. So I can probably change it for just the 6000

merk

Guru
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the polycom IP 650.

To solve my problem I changed Line 32 on the spipm_sip.cfg file to the code below. I think this should solve your problem too.
Code:
      <digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|100|101|011xxx.T|9011xxx.T|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|91[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxx|*xx|[8]xxxx|[2-7]xxx" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|3|3|3"/>

SIDE NOTE: The PBX EndPoint Manager in FreePBX seems to be corrupted some how. On a system where it was working perfectly before now does not show any brands or allow tjhe ability to do any updates. I tried to upgrade with no luck and I uninstalled and reinstalled the module, also with no luck. Any help or directions to get it working again?

Update: I tried to delete the sql related to the endpoint manager and reinstalled and still nothing is working properly. I am behind a hardware firewall which shouldnt make a difference because I just tested with all traffic to be allowed. Do you see any attempts from a 24.187.xxx.xxx IP trying to update?

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
Hey Merk, I had a similar problem and after working with tm1000 for a couple of hours I determined that the issue was indeed a firewall issue. In my case I was using the open source firewall "Untangle" and nothing that I enabled or disabled on the firewall helped with getting EPM to work. When I put the server with EPM on a public IP address it worked perfectly!! TM1000 told me that he is working on a release that will not require internet access after installing.

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
Polycom digitmap timeout explanation:

dialplan.digitmap.timeOut - string of positive integers separated by ‘|’

3 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 3 Timeout in seconds for each segment of digit map.
Note: If there are more digit maps than timeout values, the default value of 3 will be used. If there are more
timeout values than digit maps, the extra timeout values are ignored.

merk

Guru
Reaction score
Hey Merk, I had a similar problem and after working with tm1000 for a couple of hours I determined that the issue was indeed a firewall issue. In my case I was using the open source firewall "Untangle" and nothing that I enabled or disabled on the firewall helped with getting EPM to work. When I put the server with EPM on a public IP address it worked perfectly!! TM1000 told me that he is working on a release that will not require internet access after installing.

Thanks for the update. Thats the exact issue that I have with this server and another test one which is on a public IP which works perfectly. I am behind a TZ210.

Any ETA on the internetless version? :D

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Thats the exact issue that I have with this server and another test one which is on a public IP which works perfectly. I am behind a TZ210.

Any ETA on the internetless version? :D

Email me at andrew.nagy (at) the159.com and I'll *maybe* get the 'beta' of it out this week.

Not sure yet

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Only happens on the 6000? The new version supports different templates for different phone models. So I can probably change it for just the 6000

I only have a 6000 to test; merk points out the problem is with the dial plan, not the digit timeout.

I'll follow his fix (I was having trouble finding the right file for digitmap) and report back next week - sorry was away a couple days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.