R.I.P. PIAF Endpoint Manager

turboc

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded to the latest OSS EPM and have no color for device status or installed packages. Anyone no how to fix that? I have a test machine configured exactly the same and colors work fine there. Thanks.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Is the OSS Endpoint Manager a dead project now? provisioner.net has been down for the last couple of weeks and that's where the OSS endpoint manager gets its phone firmware.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Is the OSS Endpoint Manager a dead project now? provisioner.net has been down for the last couple of weeks and that's where the OSS endpoint manager gets its phone firmware.

Welcome back! Can't say definitively that OSS Endpoint Manager is dead, but it's certainly comatose. The former maintainer works for Tony/Schmooze/Sangoma which peddles a commercial module now.

Lee FCN

Reaction score
anyone have a good alternative? I would hate to have to run CentOS just to be able to centrally manage end points :(

syadnom

Reaction score
also looking for a good endpoint manager... anyone know of an alternative?

mikedpitt420

Reaction score
Sad this seems dead. I was however able to download the OSS endpoint manager through the FreePBX admin module on the latest IncrediblePBX ISO. Does this mean it's dead and won't get any more updates? What a shame as 75$ certainly is quite a bit on a per server basis. Is the module downloaded working for the firmwares added up to this point? Also is there a list that exists of what phones / devices it does cover as the one hosted on privisoner.net is down?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As @blanchae pointed out above, the OSS Endpoint Manager is totally dependent upon a web site controlled by an organization over which we have no control. It didn't make a lot of sense to invest a lot of time, energy, and money in a project only to have someone else controlling its future destiny. This is a company that also happens to have a commercial product that directly competes with OSS Endpoint Manager. To many of us, it would make more sense to start over and develop a product that is truly open source and available to all. No reason we can't use some of the open source building blocks that already have been produced, however. More news soon hopefully.

Last edited:

mikedpitt420

Reaction score
Thanks as always for the quick response Ward. What a shame. Being the only game in town is just too attractive to resist I suppose.

dfisheratt

Reaction score
I had helped test and provide feedback, in these forums, for OSS a long time ago. Before it was even referred to as OSS.

Came back recently to help my current employer set up a system and to possibly expand our offerings to our customers. I'm very disheartened by what I've been reading, experiencing and dealing with in the "open source" community lately. I've tried the "free" box and even bought a license because it was easier in the short term. However, I would much rather come to a truly open community like this. It's more fun. More rewarding.

Ok, enough of that... here's a link to a guy doing something pretty interesting. Not sure of his motives but seems like it may be worth reaching out to him for a new endpoint management system. Would love to get him over here if he isn't already.

http://forums.grandstream.com/forums/index.php?topic=27017.0

Thanks again Ward for keeping things going. I'm really looking forward to playing with the latest distros.

Adrian_Novice

Reaction score
hello all, I've currently got my PBX running on a raspberry Pi, and bought a Pi 2 recently to play with as seems to have more features (outlook sync), I have a couple of cisco phones and wanted to play with the oss endpoint module, but don't have a module admin section in new PIAF. I've downloaded the files from github and can see there is an install.php in there, but wanted to check with you guys if this is going to work on PIAF based on Ward's comments?
many thanks.

npereira

Reaction score
so does this mean we are all SOL when it comes to auto provisioning ? I have polycoms and the new Yealink T4x series of phones and want to auto provision them.... so what now?>

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
The Yealink T4x is on the current OSS Endpoint Manager. I've also got files for GXP-21xx as well. I still use the EPM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.