R.I.P. PIAF Endpoint Manager

Speedy2k

Reaction score

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
The interface is way better, but in the ARI i still got the same problem, I can't chose the type of key i wan to add even if i select the option to be able to change it in the ARI interface.

Hmmmm. I went through and re-did the code completely for the ARI interface too!

Aastra models right? I'll look into it again and I'll have something up tonight.

Speaking of which can you attach a screen shot of what your ARI interface looks like? Maybe my install script isn't replacing/updating it correctly!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
The interface is way better, but in the ARI i still got the same problem, I can't chose the type of key i wan to add even if i select the option to be able to change it in the ARI interface.

I just tested what you are talking about and it's working on my end here on a fresh install on a non-development box.

Soooo I will need more information from you. Do you not see the option in the ARI interface? Or can you just not change it? If you can't change it do you mean when you save it the settings don't stick?

Here's what mine looks like with the values saved correctly:

ari_int.jpg

ari_confg.jpg

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Ok here is what i got:
In the Endpoint Manager My top softkey are all editable like that:

enpoint_manager.gif

And in the ARI it look like that:

ARI.gif

And this is into a Proxmox VM brand new VM. Let me know if you want me to do some more testing!

But the Endpoint manager was update from the earlier version, it is a VM i have installed to test your module. But the install was not new from today but from last week. but your 1.9.7 was upgraded from 1.9.6 thanx!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the system copied over the new module for ARI.

I'll probably need access to your system because that really doesn't make sense.

Speedy2k

Reaction score
It doesn't look like the system copied over the new module for ARI.

I'll probably need access to your system because that really doesn't make sense.

No problem, like i said it's a VM so there is no problem for you to get access to it, would you like an SSH access ?

Send me a e-mail and i'm gona answer you with the IP and port to use!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Ok Figured out the issue. The installer was not updating the ARI module with each update. I fixed this with 1.9.8 which is now online and already installed on Speedy2k's server

Speedy2k

Reaction score
I don't know if you have see, but Aastra as just released a new version of their scripts, it would be nice to ad those default config file to the Endpoint Manager when doing a retrieve Aastra XML scripts conf.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I don't know if you have see, but Aastra as just released a new version of their scripts, it would be nice to ad those default config file to the Endpoint Manager when doing a retrieve Aastra XML scripts conf.

Yup I'm working on it :D

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Perfect ;) a complete integration would be awesome, but i don;t know how much work it is for you !! But if when you configure a phone the the Endpoint Manager it got into the scripts into the startup.context and when it is in the startup.context, automatically load it into the Endpoint! with the current prf file.
By the way, i don;t know if you already have a Aastra phone to work with, i can send you one if you return it when done! I got a spare 57i if you want! Thanx!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Thanks Speedy2k. I have taken you up on your offer.

As for Endpoint Manager, I have updated the main post to reflect issues I am seeing around the internet with internal server erros related to the fact of trying to use MySQL Auth within the .htaccess file.

Also I have released 1.9.8 about a week ago.

Hopefully by 1.9.9 I can lock down how I want to solve the .htaccess issues.

merk

Guru
Reaction score
Using version 1.9.8

I am not sure if the news on http://projects.colsolgrp.net/projects/endpointman/news is for 1.9.9 or 1.9.8 so I am posting it anyway.

I experienced a small bug in the Polycom config files for 650 which caused errors 0x0 and 0x20.

The contents of spip_sip.cfg and {$mac}_{$ext}_sip_custom.cfg are identical so it was loading it twice.

To solve it I edited the $mac.cfg template from Advanced -> Product Options -> Polycom 650 etc. and commented out the spip_sip.cfg and the problem was solved.

Please let me know if any one else is experiencing this error or you need more info.

Thanks

Forgot to mention, when I delete a config file from the web it wont actually delete it from the tftpboot directory. The permissions are asterisk:asterisk. Any ideas on this one?

thanks

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Using version 1.9.8

I am not sure if the news on http://projects.colsolgrp.net/projects/endpointman/news is for 1.9.9 or 1.9.8 so I am posting it anyway.

I experienced a small bug in the Polycom config files for 650 which caused errors 0x0 and 0x20.

The contents of spip_sip.cfg and {$mac}_{$ext}_sip_custom.cfg are identical so it was loading it twice.

To solve it I edited the $mac.cfg template from Advanced -> Product Options -> Polycom 650 etc. and commented out the spip_sip.cfg and the problem was solved.

Please let me know if any one else is experiencing this error or you need more info.

Thanks

Forgot to mention, when I delete a config file from the web it wont actually delete it from the tftpboot directory. The permissions are asterisk:asterisk. Any ideas on this one?

thanks

Part 1:
The news is for 1.9.8, and the 0x20 errors are relating to the 501 series. You have a 650 and I haven't found anyone to test those with so I just copied the fixes over from the 501 series

Part 2:
What version of the Polycom Module are you using? (Look next to where you clicked install). Edit: Nevermind I see what you mean, I'll get a fix out asap!

Part 3:
Where did you delete it? You mean when you deleted a phone? I haven't actually written the code to delete config files when phones are deleted (I know I know :nonod:). If that's what you are talking about then let me know. Otherwise let me know where you were trying to delete them at.

merk

Guru
Reaction score
Part 1:
The news is for 1.9.8, and the 0x20 errors are relating to the 501 series. You have a 650 and I haven't found anyone to test those with so I just copied the fixes over from the 501 series

Part 2:
What version of the Polycom Module are you using? (Look next to where you clicked install). Edit: Nevermind I see what you mean, I'll get a fix out asap!

Part 3:
Where did you delete it? You mean when you deleted a phone? I haven't actually written the code to delete config files when phones are deleted (I know I know :nonod:). If that's what you are talking about then let me know. Otherwise let me know where you were trying to delete them at.
Part 1:Ah cool, I wasnt sure so good thing I posted :p I have a few 650's so if you want I can help test.

Part 2: Polycom Version [0.7.5]

If you look at the spip_sip.cfg it is identical (according to winmerge) to the {$mac}_{$ext}_sip_custom.cfg. I dont have to remove it each time. I edited the template (the $mac.cfg) for polycom from Advanced -> Product Options and commented out the spip_sip.cfg. So going forward the file spip_sip.cfg is created but the phone wont look for it.

I didnt test it but is there any purpose for both the spip_sip.cfg and {$mac}_{$ext}_sip_custom.cfg files for the other polycom phones?

Part 3:
I meant it as you described it, to delete the config files. Once this is implemented a feature that I could see useful is to create a blank phone file with a dead, disabled or terminated extension (allow that extension to be loaded multiple times) that when that phone registers it would be dead in a sense.

I'll see if I can get some free time during the week on a test system or by the weekend and see if I can try to help implement this and the blanking out feature.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Part 1:Ah cool, I wasnt sure so good thing I posted :p I have a few 650's so if you want I can help test.

Part 2: Polycom Version [0.7.5]

If you look at the spip_sip.cfg it is identical (according to winmerge) to the {$mac}_{$ext}_sip_custom.cfg. I dont have to remove it each time. I edited the template (the $mac.cfg) for polycom from Advanced -> Product Options and commented out the spip_sip.cfg. So going forward the file spip_sip.cfg is created but the phone wont look for it.

I didnt test it but is there any purpose for both the spip_sip.cfg and {$mac}_{$ext}_sip_custom.cfg files for the other polycom phones?

Part 3:
I meant it as you described it, to delete the config files. Once this is implemented a feature that I could see useful is to create a blank phone file with a dead, disabled or terminated extension (allow that extension to be loaded multiple times) that when that phone registers it would be dead in a sense.

I'll see if I can get some free time during the week on a test system or by the weekend and see if I can try to help implement this and the blanking out feature.

Part 2: There is no reason for the files to be the same. The problem is that I coded a section wrong. I just fixed it and uploaded a new polycom module. Just go to endpoint manager and click check for updates under "Brand Configurations/Setup"

Part 3: I also fixed this in the new polycom module. Let me know if it works the way you expected.

Let me know how it goes and thanks for testing and helping! I appreciate it!

2source

Reaction score
I have setup endpoint manager and all is working fine. One question I have is its support for Snom M3 handsets.

On the M3 the base station has the option to register several handsets with different extensions. Have I missed something or doesnt the endpoint manager allow for this?

Any help with be great as its working really well on our Yealink phones.

Thanks

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I have setup endpoint manager and all is working fine. One question I have is its support for Snom M3 handsets.

On the M3 the base station has the option to register several handsets with different extensions. Have I missed something or doesnt the endpoint manager allow for this?

Any help with be great as its working really well on our Yealink phones.

Thanks

Hi thanks for using! Yes I am planning to add multi-line support (Snom M3, Polycom Phones, Grandstreams, etc). It's the next step.

Just so you know you aren't the only one to request it and recently I've just been busy with my real life job(s).

But I'll be sure to message you when it's ready to go!

If you have any other issues/problems/requests then let me know thanks!

fastm3

Reaction score
Great module. I only made a few tests with gxp2000 and gxp2020 but I may give a second chance to grandstream with this module.

1- Question: Would it be possible for Grandstream to specify the type of button ( speed dial , blf...) in the ari instead of changing it in the text template. ( like in the screenshot shown in a previous post for aastra ) ?

2- When saving a first custom template ( save as ) , then selecting it and saving as a second one with a different name. We then cannot see between bracket $mac.cfg just before the red cross and so, we cannot choose this custom template as an alternate one when editing the extension.
Small bug but I spent a few hours trying to understand why I couldn't select my custom template for gxp in the interface.

3- I vote for the language as a new parameter. In my case, the language used in the phones is different than the language interface of freepbx.

Anyway, thanks for this great tool.
Fastm3.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Great module. I only made a few tests with gxp2000 and gxp2020 but I may give a second chance to grandstream with this module.

1- Question: Would it be possible for Grandstream to specify the type of button ( speed dial , blf...) in the ari instead of changing it in the text template. ( like in the screenshot shown in a previous post for aastra ) ?

2- When saving a first custom template ( save as ) , then selecting it and saving as a second one with a different name. We then cannot see between bracket $mac.cfg just before the red cross and so, we cannot choose this custom template as an alternate one when editing the extension.
Small bug but I spent a few hours trying to understand why I couldn't select my custom template for gxp in the interface.

3- I vote for the language as a new parameter. In my case, the language used in the phones is different than the language interface of freepbx.

Anyway, thanks for this great tool.
Fastm3.

1. Ill make grandstream act like Aastra.

2. thanks Im looking into it and will have a fix soon

3. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.