R.I.P. PIAF Endpoint Manager

elkonrad

Reaction score
Cisco owns millions of OUIs for Mac addresses. I dont want to sit through and put all of those in. So you can either add them yourself in advanced setup under OUI manager or give the mac address of one of the phones to me and I'll get it into the system.

Hi,

I was not aware that I can add the mac addresses my self. How would I go about that?

K.

bushbomb

Reaction score
Yealink Call Parking

When using this module, I can configure the BLF buttons easily enough, but I was wondering how to program the call park? Using the 3 line buttons, I manually do the following:

Line 1 - "Call Park" 70
Line 2 - "BLF" 72
Line 3 - "BLF" 73

When I use this module, I cannot seem to figure out how to get the line 1 button to park a call. If I make it a BLF for 70, it acts like an attended transfer.

If I export the yealink config from manual setup, it shows:
[ memory11 ]
DKtype = 10
Line = 1
type =
Value = 70

Is there a way in the template for me to set DKtype = 10, or will I need to wait for you to add a "Call Park" item to the current "Line Key Type" drop down (along with the current: Speed Dial, Key Event, Intercom, XML Browser, BLF, Line, URL)?

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
Quick question regarding Aastra scripts. Am I correct in assuming I still need to download/install the Aastra scripts if I wish to use them? That the Endpoint Manager makes editing the config files easier but doesn't provide the script downloads?

-Greg

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
You've got it right. I wouldn't recommend using them at the same time, but it can be done

Quick question regarding Aastra scripts. Am I correct in assuming I still need to download/install the Aastra scripts if I wish to use them? That the Endpoint Manager makes editing the config files easier but doesn't provide the script downloads?

-Greg

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
I would just as much not use them, but our office has become accustom to the visual voicemail, access to the fop2 phonebook, and visual parking lot.

Thanks,

-Greg

elkonrad

Reaction score
Cisco 6900 series

Hi,

Any plans on supporting Cisco 6900 phones?

Regards,
Konrad

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
What do the config files look like?

CoinTos

Reaction score
First, thanks for this great module, it has helped me get all my Cisco 7940/7960's up and running for home use. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get it to configure the timezone correctly in my Cisco config files. Currently, I have the timezone set to my area in the main settings part of Endpoint but when the actually configurations are written it sets PST not EST. Is this something that needs to be edited manually or have I missed a step?

Thanks.

elmo214

Reaction score
Cannot create new template

First of all thanks for creating this great endpoint manager. I've been using it for various projects and it works great.

Now I have a problem and hope one can help. I've updated my version to 2.10.1.3 and I can no longer create template under the template manager. As usual, I entered a template name, then pick a product from the Product Select drop down and hit save. Instead of creating a new template, I get an error "No Valid Model/Template/Name Selected!". Please help. thank you.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
http://www.the159.com/endpointman/endpointman-2.10.2.3.tgz

First of all thanks for creating this great endpoint manager. I've been using it for various projects and it works great.

Now I have a problem and hope one can help. I've updated my version to 2.10.1.3 and I can no longer create template under the template manager. As usual, I entered a template name, then pick a product from the Product Select drop down and hit save. Instead of creating a new template, I get an error "No Valid Model/Template/Name Selected!". Please help. thank you.

Mike_S

Reaction score
Many thanks for your hard work. HUGE!!!!

Using FireFox 9.0.1, End Point Manager shows the red and green buttons only for a second as the page loads and then the colors disappear.

FreePBX Connectivity Menu Item ->End Point Template Manager loads page titled "End Point Configuration Manager" When clicking on the pencil for a template, another page loads titled "End Point Configuration Manager" allowing for the *.cfg files to be edited. Clicking on the edit pencil for the *.cfg file opens an edit window. The edit window only allows for 3 lines to be seen, Really hard to edit - like using a microscope. Are these files stored in a database or can the be edited with vim or nano? If so wher are they located? Also, there is a dropdown titled"Display Line settings on this page[SIZE=-2] (Note: This is NOT the number of supported lines on the phone(s))[/SIZE] " It only allows 3 lines to be displayed. Is this the number of lines that can be edited in the edit window?

I'm running 2.10.2.3, FreePbx is in device and user mode. I can't save "Devices" in FreePBX because EPM is throwing an error. EPM module can be temp disabled while "Devices" are edited and then enabled as a temp work around.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Mike,

I am also running FF 9.0.1. Unfortunately I do not see these errors you talk about. Such as the colors vanishing nor do I see only three lines from the textbox on screen. Everything looks completely fine in my world and I haven't heard any reports about what you are saying so I am completely unable to help. Sorry

Per your question, You can edit the master file on the hard drive. As seen in my picture it full states the location of this file. However like I said, it's the MASTER(original) file. The other ones that are created are fully databased and are not editable outside of endpoint manager (again I do not see any issues with my cosmetics)

Please ignore the 'line settings on this page'. just ignore it.

working.jpg

Finally, I know about the saving "Devices" error. freepbx.org/trac/ticket/5486

Many thanks for your hard work. HUGE!!!!

Using FireFox 9.0.1, End Point Manager shows the red and green buttons only for a second as the page loads and then the colors disappear.

FreePBX Connectivity Menu Item ->End Point Template Manager loads page titled "End Point Configuration Manager" When clicking on the pencil for a template, another page loads titled "End Point Configuration Manager" allowing for the *.cfg files to be edited. Clicking on the edit pencil for the *.cfg file opens an edit window. The edit window only allows for 3 lines to be seen, Really hard to edit - like using a microscope. Are these files stored in a database or can the be edited with vim or nano? If so wher are they located? Also, there is a dropdown titled"Display Line settings on this page[SIZE=-2] (Note: This is NOT the number of supported lines on the phone(s))[/SIZE] " It only allows 3 lines to be displayed. Is this the number of lines that can be edited in the edit window?

I'm running 2.10.2.3, FreePbx is in device and user mode. I can't save "Devices" in FreePBX because EPM is throwing an error. EPM module can be temp disabled while "Devices" are edited and then enabled as a temp work around.

Mike_S

Reaction score
Examples attached

Attachments

• EPM2.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 14
  • EPM.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 9

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Mike,

As I said and As I showed you. The 'two' line example I am unable to help with. I just checked today with a school deployment of 100 phones and they are seeing it the way I see it (which is correct).

I also checked with my own deployments in two separate buildings that are still running 2.9 and it works.

I suppose you are having some sort of javascript error there. Please bring up any relevant console messages from FireFox and let me know. Especially messages about missing javascript.

Seriously though. It works for me and for my clients/resellers and I haven't heard of this issue nor do I know how to fix it.

Reaction score
I am also experiencing the graphic not displaying on 2 recent installations. All have EPM 2.10.2.3. First is asterisk 1.8.7.2, CentOS 5.7 and FreePBX 2.9.0.9. Second is asterisk 1.8.8.0, CentOS 6.2, and FreePBX 2.9.0.0.

I have the expected images displayed on a prior installation with Asterisk 1.8.5.0, CentOS 5.6, and FreePBX 2.9.0.9.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information. It just seems to occur on recent installations.

I am using Google Chrome 16.0.912.75 m

Attachments

• EPM.pdf
    12.9 KB · Views: 5

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
You also experience the "graphic"? What graphic? The issue mike and I are dealing with is javascript and css. The images he has sent me have no graphics or graphic representations.

Please clarify what you are even talking about.

I am also experiencing the graphic not displaying on 2 recent installations. All have EPM 2.10.2.3. First is asterisk 1.8.7.2, CentOS 5.7 and FreePBX 2.9.0.9. Second is asterisk 1.8.8.0, CentOS 6.2, and FreePBX 2.9.0.0.

I have the expected images displayed on a prior installation with Asterisk 1.8.5.0, CentOS 5.6, and FreePBX 2.9.0.9.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information. It just seems to occur on recent installations.

Reaction score
My apologies. I saw the device list in a previous post, and thought you were discussing that. It is the Red/Green graphic that is displayed when a device is connected/disconnected. I added a screenshot to my previous post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.