R.I.P. PIAF Endpoint Manager

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I am testing the new End Point Manager, I'm using Yealink phones and Aastra I can edit the template for Aastra but not the Yealink I get the following.

End Point Configuration Manager

My Devices List

Template Manager

Brand Configurations/Setup

Advanced Settings

You are currently editing the template named "Yealink Home" for Model: Yealink/Dreamwave Models: T20, T22, T26, T28

You can also use certain variables in your configs:
-"{$srvip}" = Server IP
-"{$mac}" = Device's Mac Address
-"{$ext}" = Device's Default Extension (Line 1 or Master)
-"{$diplayname}" = Device's Description in FreePBX (Usually the Full Name)

No Template Data has been defined for this Product

Have I missed something, if I can be pointed in the right direction I can do some testing and post my findings.

Gary

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I am testing the new End Point Manager, I'm using Yealink phones and Aastra I can edit the template for Aastra but not the Yealink I get the following.

End Point Configuration Manager

My Devices List

Template Manager

Brand Configurations/Setup

Advanced Settings

You are currently editing the template named "Yealink Home" for Model: Yealink/Dreamwave Models: T20, T22, T26, T28

You can also use certain variables in your configs:
-"{$srvip}" = Server IP
-"{$mac}" = Device's Mac Address
-"{$ext}" = Device's Default Extension (Line 1 or Master)
-"{$diplayname}" = Device's Description in FreePBX (Usually the Full Name)

No Template Data has been defined for this Product

Have I missed something, if I can be pointed in the right direction I can do some testing and post my findings.

Gary

I'd love for you to help me test thanks!

The reason it says "No template data has been defined" is because I'm just not sure what setting people want to edit on these phones.

If you give me a list or rundown like speedy did then I can whip up something quickly in under an hour

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you have so here is a complete mac.cfg file
I used it for T28 phones ver 2.43.0.50 which is the latest, I think its the same for all Yealink phones.

I modified some of the access codes in freepbx as you will see in my file, I like that we can know set server side DND and Call Forward also set time server and location of the logo file which I placed in tftpboot.

Gary.

Attachments

• MacConfig.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 14

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you have so here is a complete mac.cfg file
I used it for T28 phones ver 2.43.0.50 which is the latest, I think its the same for all Yealink phones.

I modified some of the access codes in freepbx as you will see in my file, I like that we can know set server side DND and Call Forward also set time server and location of the logo file which I placed in tftpboot.

Gary.

What is suppose to go in the y000000000000.cfg files?

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I have a copy of that file but did not use in my setup I did some things in the gui, if you want to put in some settings then I can test on a test server I keep in my office.

Gary.

Attachments

• y000000000000.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 12

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Yup. I'm working on that right now. I've even included a button on the "Product Options/Configuration Editor" page that will auto configure the default config file (on the hard drive) with Aastra script xml information.

See below:

aastra_scripts.jpg

aastra_buttons.jpg

I don;t know wich browser you are using to have a so nice interface, but look here how the buttons configuration page look like on internet Explorer and Google Chrome:
endpointmanager.gif

It would be nice to squeeze each buttons separatly and separate them ?? It is just a sugestion but it is already very nice! Thanx!

Another things, it would be nice to be able to set the language all language into the template manager, so we can create a french template en english template etc!

language 1:
language 2:
language 3:
language 4:
language:
input language:
web language:

These are the language i know we need to set. for the language 1-4, this is the file name of a txt file on the t*f*t*p server
lang_de.txt
lang_es.txt
lang_es_mx.txt
lang_fr.txt
lang_fr_ca.txt
lang_it.txt
lang_pt.txt
lang_pt_br.txt
lang_ru.txt

I will let you know if i got something else, by the way, you do a really nice job with that!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I have a copy of that file but did not use in my setup I did some things in the gui, if you want to put in some settings then I can test on a test server I keep in my office.

Gary.

Thanks Gary,

Let me write something out. I did notice that the package for Yealink wasn't put up online before a couple hours ago, so it wasn't really installing. I put up the files I had stored on my computer but I'm going to go through yours and use it.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I don;t know wich browser you are using to have a so nice interface, but look here how the buttons configuration page look like on internet Explorer and Google Chrome:
endpointmanager.gif

It would be nice to squeeze each buttons separatly and separate them ?? It is just a sugestion but it is already very nice! Thanx!

Another things, it would be nice to be able to set the language all language into the template manager, so we can create a french template en english template etc!

language 1:
language 2:
language 3:
language 4:
language:
input language:
web language:

These are the language i know we need to set. for the language 1-4, this is the file name of a txt file on the t*f*t*p server
lang_de.txt
lang_es.txt
lang_es_mx.txt
lang_fr.txt
lang_fr_ca.txt
lang_it.txt
lang_pt.txt
lang_pt_br.txt
lang_ru.txt

I will let you know if i got something else, by the way, you do a really nice job with that!

Does this look any better?

template_editor.jpg

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Yes i dont know if it is possible but what you think about:
Softkey 1 Softkey 4
Softkey 2 Softkey 5
Softkey 3
-------------------------------
Page 2
Softkey 6 Softkey 9
Softkey 7 Softkey 10
Softkey 8
etc etc etc

Like that in the web interface ?

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
try chown -r asterisk:asterisk

Changing the owner:group worked for me:

chown asterisk:asterisk /tftpboot

But it was a fresh install with no files in /tftpboot

I don't know if this is going to be a problem but if you run the following PiaF scripts:

setup-cisco
setup-aastra
setup-polycom
setup-linksys
setup-grandstream

They install the config files in /tftpboot with user:group of root:root

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Changing the owner:group worked for me:

chown asterisk:asterisk /tftpboot

But it was a fresh install with no files in /tftpboot

I don't know if this is going to be a problem but if you run the following PiaF scripts:

setup-cisco
setup-aastra
setup-polycom
setup-linksys
setup-grandstream

They install the config files in /tftpboot with user:group of root:root

It depends on what the permissions are of those files when created. If it's 777 then it's not a problem.

I'll have to check that out.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Yes i dont know if it is possible but what you think about:
Softkey 1 Softkey 4
Softkey 2 Softkey 5
Softkey 3
Page 2
Softkey 6 Softkey 9
Softkey 7 Softkey 10
Softkey 8
etc etc etc

Like that in the web interface ?

This is probably as close as I can get to what you are asking:

template_editor_new1.jpg

When clicking tab 3 it will change to look like this:

template_editor_new2.jpg

Speedy2k

Reaction score
It seems pretty nice, are you able to make the language adjustable on the GUI ? Or adjust the language as of the language code in the FreePBX extension config ?

And my other question, have you already updated the template for the aastra so i can try your new setting for it ?

By the way, i really love the option to cahnge a key via ARI, but i see a little bug now, right now when you activate this,. we cannot change the type even if i click it as editable by the ARI interface.

Ho yea and i almost forgot, the option to change the state of the key, i think this option is only avaible to the bottom softkey (Softkey 1-20) thanx a lot!

Speedy2k

Reaction score
By the way, i have see on your site that you are looking for time zone, here is the list that Aastra use.
Code:
[tz]
US-Eastern=EST
US-Central=CST
US-Mountain=MST
US-Pacific=PST
US-Alaska=AKS
US-Aleutian=HAS
US-Hawaii=HST
CA-Newfoundland=NST
CA-Atlantic=AST
CA-Eastern=EST
CA-Saskatchewan=EST
CA-Central=CST
CA-Mountain=MST
CA-Pacific=PST
CA-Yukon=PST
MX-Mexico City=CST
MX-Cancun=CST
MX-Merida=CST
MX-Monterrey=CST
MX-Mazatlan=MST
MX-Chihuahua=MST
MX-Hermosillo=MST
MX-Tijuana=PST
AD-Andorra=CET
AE-Dubai=GST
AG-Antigua=AST
AI-Anguilla=AST
AL-Tirane=CET
AN-Curacao=AST
AR-Buenos Aires=ART
AS-Pago Pago=BST
AT-Vienna=CET
AU-Lord Howe=LHS
AU-Tasmania=EST
AU-Melbourne=EST
AU-Sydney=EST
AU-Broken Hill=CST
AU-Brisbane=EST
AU-Lindeman=EST
AU-Adelaide=CST
AU-Darwin=CST
AU-Perth=WST
AW-Aruba=AST
AZ-Baku=AZT
BA-Sarajevo=EET
BB-Barbados=AST
BE-Brussels=CET
BG-Sofia=EET
BM-Bermuda=AST
BO-La Paz=BOT
BR-Noronha=FNT
BR-Belem=BRT
BR-Fortaleza=BRT
BR-Recife=BRT
BR-Araguaina=BRS
BR-Maceio=BRT
BR-Sao Paulo=BRS
BR-Cuiaba=AMS
BR-Porto Velho=AMT
BR-Boa Vista=AMT
BR-Manaus=AMT
BR-Eirunepe=ACT
BR-Rio Branco=ACT
BS-Nassau=EST
BY-Minsk=EET
BZ-Belize=CST
CH-Zurich=CET
CK-Rarotonga=CKS
CL-Santiago=CLS
CL-Easter=EAS
CN-China=CST
CO-Bogota=COS
CR-Costa Rica=CST
CU-Havana=CST
CY-Nicosia=EES
CZ-Prague=CET
DE-Berlin=CET
DK-Copenhagen=CET
DM-Dominica=AST
DO-Santo Domingo=AST
EE-Tallinn=EET
ES-Madrid=CET
ES-Canary=WET
FI-Helsinki=EET
FJ-Fiji=NZT
FK-Stanley=FKS
FO-Faeroe=WET
FR-Paris=CET
GB-London=GMT
GB-Belfast=GMT
GD-Grenada=AST
GE-Tbilisi=GET
GF-Cayenne=GFT
GI-Gibraltar=CET
GP-Guadeloupe=AST
GR-Athens=EET
GS-South Georgia=GST
GT-Guatemala=CST
GU-Guam=CST
GY-Guyana=GYT
HK-Hong Kong=HKS
HN-Tegucigalpa=CST
HR-Zagreb=CET
HT-Port-au-Prince=EST
HU-Budapest=CET
IE-Dublin=GMT
IS-Reykjavik=GMT
IT-Rome=CET
JM-Jamaica=EST
JP-Tokyo=JST
KY-Cayman=EST
LC-St Lucia=AST
LI-Vaduz=CET
LT-Vilnius=EET
LU-Luxembourg=CET
LV-Riga=EET
MC-Monaco=CET
MD-Chisinau=EET
MK-Skopje=CET
MQ-Martinique=AST
MS-Montserrat=AST
MT-Malta=CET
MX-Mexico City=CST
MX-Cancun=CST
MX-Merida=CST
MX-Monterrey=CST
MX-Mazatlan=MST
MX-Chihuahua=MST
MX-Hermosillo=MST
MX-Tijuana=PST
NI-Managua=CST
NL-Amsterdam=CET
NO-Oslo=CET
NR-Nauru=NRT
NU-Niue=NUT
NZ-Auckland=NZS
NZ-Chatham=CHA
OM-Muscat=GST
PA-Panama=EST
PE-Lima=PES
PL-Warsaw=CET
PR-Puerto Rico=AST
PT-Lisbon=WET
PT-Madeira=WET
PT-Azores=AZO
PY-Asuncion=PYS
RO-Bucharest=EET
RU-Kaliningrad=EET
RU-Moscow=MSK
RU-Samara=SAM
RU-Yekaterinburg=YEK
RU-Omsk=OMS
RU-Novosibirsk=NOV
RU-Krasnoyarsk=KRA
RU-Irkutsk=IRK
RU-Yakutsk=YAK
RU-Vladivostok=VLA
RU-Sakhalin=SAK
RU-Magadan=MAG
RU-Kamchatka=PET
RU-Anadyr=ANA
SE-Stockholm=CET
SG-Singapore=SGT
SI-Ljubljana=CET
SK-Bratislava=CET
SM-San Marino=CET
SR-Paramaribo=SRT
SV-El Salvador=CST
TR-Istanbul=EET
TT-Port of Spain=AST
TW-Taipei=CST
UA-Kiev=EET
UY-Montevideo=UYS
VA-Vatican=CET
YU-Belgrade=CET

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I'm currently implementing those template changes throughout all phone modules. It's a coding change within the core module that I had to make and now I need to go through all of the phone modules and fix them up. I'll be releasing that as 1.9.7

As for language stuff I'm looking into that and considering two different ways of doing it.

• 1. Determining language by looking at what FreePBX is set at
    2. Determining language by a new option on the settings page

As for timezones....well that's a whole other problem that I'm dealing with. Aastra, Polycom, Grandstream, Yealink and Snom all use different types of timezone configuration information. In newer versions of PHP there are easy ways to change timezone types, but the version of PHP that PBX in a flash uses (which is a pretty standard PHP version) doesn't support advanced timezone changes. I've been looking for a class or database information that would allow me to easily change between different timezone types but I haven't been that successful as of yet.

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Ok by the way here is a screen shot of the Aastra GUI for the buttons you should do your GUI to look like that for the status field:
aastraGUI.gif

And here is the one for the top key:

aastraGUITOP.gif

If it can give you an idea!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
That looks nice but unfortunately I can't make it look spot on like that because I have to link every variable to the ARI and let administrator's determine if they want to allow users accessing the voicemail web system to be able to control each variable individually

What I'm saying is that for every variable I present from Aastra I also have to present a checkbox next to it to allow administrator's control over what users can(or can't) do

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Ok but 1 check box for each button unless of for each option like name type etc would be enough no ?? like check the checkbox if you want to be able to edit softkey 10. that's it, if checked you have the option to change everything. It would't be easier ?

And by the way, have you looked at the problem i have tell you about the type not showing in the ARI interface when selected as editable ?

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Ok but 1 check box for each button unless of for each option like name type etc would be enough no ?? like check the checkbox if you want to be able to edit softkey 10. that's it, if checked you have the option to change everything. It would't be easier ?

And by the way, have you looked at the problem i have tell you about the type not showing in the ARI interface when selected as editable ?

Sorry I've just been really busy right now.

I see what you are saying about the check boxes however what if I only wanted my end users to define Speed Dials on Aastra phones. If it was one check box for each function then the user could totally screw up their phone or start BLFing another phone when all I wanted as the administrator was to allow them to change speed dial numbers. I would rather not take away checkboxes and make it more simplified, it is a phone configuration utility when it comes down to it and I don't include every option that's in the Aastra web configuration page. I'll consider what you said for a future version and maybe I can think of a way that will work better.

I didn't know that problem existed about lists (Types) and the ARI, thanks. I'll look into fixing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.