TUTORIAL PIAF and Audiocodes MP11x SUCCESS!

Nate731

Reaction score
Got my Audiocodes MP114 (2FXO/2FXS) communicating both directions with my PIAF box. Below are some web pages/documents I used as reference info. Also help from Phonebuff was appreciated as well.

My Final MP114 config file is attached to this post as well.

For others to reference, here are my trunk configs.
Trunk Name: PSTN
type=peer
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=inband
host=MP114 IP Addy
nat=no
qualify=no

User Context: MP114

MP114
**User Details**
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=inband
host=MP114 IP Addy
nat=never
type=user

References from the Web.
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/audiocodes.10850/?t=10850

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=intracom audiocodes&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http://www.intracomsystem.com/AudioCodes_MP-114-118_Installation_Guide.pdf&ei=uKO8Tu6MCOe-2gW13oGwBQ&usg=AFQjCNGaZ3RIU86B930D6hMZomcUSvuFUQ

I hope this helps others trying the same thing!

Attachments

• LCCS Final.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

hraynor

Guru
Reaction score
FYI - While overall I love the AudioCodes gateways (after you get the hang of the complicated configuration), I'd STRONGLY suggest making sure you put good electrical protection on ALL the ports (FXS, FXO, Ethernet, and of course power into a UPS).

I've now had 3 out of 4 MP-11x MediaPack gateways that I've installed either go totally belly up to where they're unusable (in 2 cases, one Ethernet port died - still can talk to it over the serial port though, the other all external audio on FXS or FXO port is only one way - not a config issue) or where multiple ports died (MP-114 MIXED, 2 dead FXS ports now). Note that all of the ones I mentioned were purchased new.

They seem VERY finicky to me. I have never had a series of electrical equipment to have these problems from the same vendor.

That said, their predecessors, the older metal cased MP-104s, seem to be tanks. I have two that I purchased used on eBay that have been installed and going strong for 4 years now, no issues. In fact, I just pulled another MP-104FXS out of the closet (another eBay buy) to replace the MP-118 that just died recently (this week). (and good thing I recently switched my home phone over to VoIP.ms or else I'd be scrambling to find another FXO gateway).

Just a word of warning from experience...

BTW - other than this, I love the MP-11x boxes. I just haven't found them to be very reliable lately and have stopped recommending them.

Also - in all fairness, the latest one to die was due to a switch failure that not only took out itself and the AudioCodes, but also a port on my backbone switch. That said, everything else in the switch (including all my Polycom phones that were powered by the dead switch) are fine. The other two AudioCodes that previously died, I can't explain any reason for them having died. No surges, all UPS protected, adequate protection on any FXO lines (telco grade isolators), etc.

hraynor

Guru
Reaction score
Also, would be happy to share my 118 configs for both FXS and FXO if you're interested. There were some non-obvious settings that greatly helped me out - especially regarding detection of remote hangup on the FXO lines with AT&T and TWC trunks. There is one setting that is not present in the web menus anywhere (unless they added it on recent firmware) that you have to set to properly get these things to hangup.

alange

Reaction score
Resurrecting a very old thread there m chapman!
I got excited when I saw the title. I'm trying to get an audiocodes MP series FXO to work with properly (in this case with XiVO) too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.