TIPS PIAF 5 (or latest) with Skype or Google Hangout integration to make External Calls

TinkerMan

Guru
Reaction score
I've done some searching on the forum and cannot find any topic relating to this. I apologize if this topic is already covered but I cannot find the topic I am looking for.

As the title states, I'm looking to see if there is any possible development in PIAF to integrate Skype and/or Google Hangout?

I have paid Skype account where I can call out to Canada and USA really cheap per year.

I have Google Hangout where I can make free calls to Canada and USA for free. Ideally, I would use Google Hangout for making calls out from PIAF.

The reason I am looking into this, is because I am working on a mini-project where I want the Lifesize conference system to connect to a VoIP server to make external calls. Free to low cost. I am exploring the free option first.

Video is not important. What's important, is for Lifesize to be able to connect to a VoIP server, via SIP, and make calls out from SIP to external (PSTN). Skype and Google Hangout can make calls out. So I want to use them if possible.

We do have an Avaya IP Office Manager phone system... but the SIP setup does not seem to work. That is why I decided to look into PIAF solution again as I had done before with my other project from 10+ years ago in integrating Shoretel with PIAF. That one was my favorite project and was successful. Thus, here I am, tinkering on PIAF again. :)

I look forward to hear from the PIAF community here.

billsimon

Reaction score
Since you're using the term "Google Hangout" you may have missed the hundreds of articles and posts about "Google Voice" -- which is essentially the same. There are ways to do it with every platform.

The only Skype integration at this point is Skype Connect: https://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-connect/

TinkerMan

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks BillSimon.

I will check out the Google Voice module in the new PIAF 5. I spin up a new VM and test this out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.