NO JOY Phone Won't Register

Glenn Hanlin

Reaction score
having some issues with 15.5....a phone that I am adding is NOT showing up under the list of phones in the PBX. Then, the provisioning string seems to configure the phone correctly, but the phone won't register. Eventually it locked me out from my home IP and I had to reinstall again. FTR...the iPhone softphone app worked flawlessly with the same extension. :/

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Hello @Glenn Hanlin

What phone are you using? is it capable of PnP provisioning? Does it send multicast?
Also is the phone and the PBX in the same network / subnet?

Glenn Hanlin

Reaction score
phone is at my home....PBX is running on virtual service at OVH. Phone downloads its config no problem, but then will not register. Softphone app on my iPhone works fine from my home wifi. Phone is Yealink T48G. It was working just fine with the previous version of 3CX. :/

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Can you check under extension settings / options and make sure that the option disallow use of extension outside of LAN is not enabled?
Also make sure that the phone is running the supported 3CX firmware

Glenn Hanlin

Reaction score
That was it...extension was set to disallow external phones. After changing that setting, phone will register just fine. Updating firmware now. :)

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.