Personal podcast

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
I drive a lot and last night I was thinking..............

Would it be practical to setup a personal PBX podcast. This feature would go to my favorite podcast server, download the daily/weekly podcast and then make it available on the PBX as a hidden option.

After 9pm my cell calls are free, all my incoming PBX call are free. This means I could drive and listen to my podcast for free after 9 pm.

Any thoughts?

drsatch

Reaction score
It's possible

I did that as a demo. It downloads Fox News, National Geographic...and of course...the onion radio news at regular intervals using cron.

I was able to set that up using Podget. I can't remember all the in's and out's, but search "asterisk podget" and you'll probably find the site I used as reference. I just can't seem to find the link.

The first 2 were relatively easy.

To get the onion to work the way I wanted (download 3 and combine them into one file) took a little work using sox.

I don't remember it being all that hard. Good luck!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.