FOOD FOR THOUGHT pbxstatus hanging

Ramsey F

Reaction score
Debian 8, latest IncrediblePBX.

When I SSH into the server, it hangs. I tracked it down to pbxstatus. It was working until a couple of days ago. I have not done anything with it to cause the problem.

Right before it hangs, this is what is happening:

Code:
+ fail2ban=\Zr\Z2UP\Z0\ZR
+ ps aux
+ grep -c ntpd
+ test=2
+ [ 2 -lt 2 ]
+ ntpd=\Zr\Z2UP\Z0\ZR
+ grep -c DROP
+ sudo iptables -nL
+ test=1
+ [ 1 -lt 1 ]
+ IPtables=\Zr\Z2UP\Z0\ZR
+ ifconfig
+ grep venet0
+ test=
+ [[ ! -z ]]
/usr/local/sbin/pbxstatus: 83: /usr/local/sbin/pbxstatus: [[: not found
+ IPPORT=eth0
+ /sbin/ifconfig eth0
+ grep -c inet
+ test=2
+ [ 2 -lt 2 ]
+ eth0=\Zr\Z2UP\Z0\ZR
+ cut -f 4 -d
+ + tail -1
grep -m+ tr 2 ^
 -s+ free -h

+ RAM=2.6GB
+ cut -f 4 -d
+ head -n 1
+ grep  /$
+ tr -s
+ df -h

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: I removed the extra square brackets in line 83 which got rid of that error, but it still hangs.

Last edited:

Ramsey F

Reaction score
Thank you. This is a very recent installation and that fix appears to be already applied.

What I can remember is this: while setting it up, DHCP gave it one internal IP address. When I was done, I set the router to give it a different IP. It is still DHCP, but the router limits the MAC to a particular address. It all seems to work well, just the hang during pbxstatus. I currently have that commented out until I find the fix.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you change the basic network design of the product, you then own all the pieces and need to make the necessary modifications in the supporting components to support YOUR mods. I'm not trying to be ugly or condescending. It's just there is no way to build something this complex and make it more generic without a warehouse full of programmers, a luxury we don't happen to have.

Ramsey F

Reaction score
Thanks Ward, but I'm a little confused by what you are saying.

I did not change any network settings in the Wazo computer. When it was set up, it pulled a random IP from DHCP on the router. All I did was go to the router and tell it that the next time the Wazo tried to pull an IP, always give it this certain one. Essentially making it a static IP but from the router side. Are you saying that if the Wazo computer is getting IP's from a DHCP server, if the IP it pulls is different from the one it had when it was set up, it will break something? What about the public IP? It is dynamic too. It doesn't change often, but it can. What happens if I pick up the computer and take it to some other locations where it will pull a different IP and have a different public IP?

Anyway, unless pbxstatus does something other than display the status panel, I can live with it commented out.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You made it static with a different address than originally assigned. I can't speak to how your router interacted with Wazo once you changed the IP address. If it didn't tell Wazo that it was refreshing DHCP, then Wazo still would think the old address was valid. That, in turn, might have screwed up the network setup with Debian. Just speculating but your change obviously had unintended consequences that pbxstatus couldn't sort out using standard Linux utilities. I can't fix it but perhaps someone else can.

Ramsey F

Reaction score
The Wazo computer has been rebooted a couple of times and the router reboots every morning at 3 AM. That should have cleared up any "misunderstandings". If it were important, I would have a few drinks and consider reinstalling. But for me, the display has limited value, so I'm going to forget about it for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.