RECOMMENDATIONS PBX with 4 FXO and Fax Detection

Orestis

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm a PBX newbie, so please bear with me.

I'm facing the following issue. I'm setting up a PBX for a small office, belonging to a friend. The hardware has already been purchased, and consists of a Dual core Atom server, 5 Grandstream GXP2135 phones, one Grandstream HT812 2FXS device and an OpenVOX A400P PCI-E card with 4 FXO modules. The HT812 will support an analog Fax and an analog Cordless phone. All connectivity with the outside world will be handled by the OpenVOX card (4 POTS lines).

What I'd like to know, is what can I choose as a PBX distro, so that I have Fax Detection ( a must), and support for the 4 POTS lines, with no additional licenses required.

I would prefer open source solutions, but if nothing is available, closed source distros will do. Wazo with IncrediblePBX looked interesting, but unfortunately no Fax Detection.

On the closed source front, Ombutel looks interesting, but other suggestions are welcome.

Regarding 3CX based solutions, my understanding is that the FXO functionality would need additional licensing.

Thanks for taking the time to go through this!

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
Fax detection is kind of messy. I am not even sure if it works in IncrediblePBX.

Have you seen IncredibleFax?
Is there any way you could get a SIP trunk? This would be the best way, with a DID assigned to fax extension or IncredibleFax.

Orestis

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, they are an established business with a known fax number and a couple of non-technical older guys, who are used to working with analog faxes. For the time being I'll give it a shot with Ombutel and we'll see how this goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.