PBX in a Flash 1755 Purple

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Purple you say? Well we had to come up with a new color for the release of asterisk 1.8.0beta1!

We have been experimenting with it since it was released and now have it running <sort of> within the PIAF framework. Asterisk 1.8/Dahdi seems to install just fine. Freepbx is another matter as it doesn't install "out of the box" just yet. I managed to force it to install with some judicious black magic but I don't think it will do for production environments just yet.

I hope to release this over the next few weeks as it comes out of pre-alpha. I have attached a screen capture of status. <yes it is real; no it is not photoshopped!>

So far all of our support programs also seem to work just fine with Asterisk 1.8 with a few minor exceptions. Basic support for Asterisk 1.8 was built into our 1.7.5.5 version prior to Asterisk 1.8 release from Digium.

Hope this interests some of you as the more 1.8 testers the better.

Tom

Attachments

• purple.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 49

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
What are the new features of 1.8?

Is there a list of the new features of 1.8?
1.6 has presence between boxes and devstate. Two features I use regularly for builds...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.