SOLVED PBX Behind Pfsense Takes Long Time To Load GUI

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Every time I hear mention of SonicWall, I'm reminded of the advice in this catchy tune...

single35a_rtth2002_1_a_small.jpg

Bitnetix

Guru
Reaction score
I'm serve as the CTO of a company that uses Enswitch to resell bandwidth to resellers as well as to sell bandwidth to end clients. Previously, their direct end clients all had SonicWalls as their border routers and, in most cases, any internal network routing/switching equipment.

When this company moved from old provider (that they were reselling themselves) to hosting their own platform, they had millions of problems. Replacing SonicWalls with Cisco 2x00 boxes solved every one of them.

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
Some of the older Sonicwalls were very difficult to get Sip working on. They seem to have resolved that with the new firmwares. That being said, Sonicwall works on the premise that you should buy features as options. Features that are really necessary to have a good firewall and edge router.

I am a big believer in Open-Source stuff. PFSense runs on FreeBSD and it is a full-featured, open-source router/firewall, that will run on a junk computer with 2 nics. It includes all of the features you need to have a functional device and the add-ons are free.

BTW, even today, you have to disable Sip ALG on a Sonicwall to get it to work correctly with Sip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.