FOOD FOR THOUGHT PBX app is useful?

pinkone

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Now, my PBX works properly with other devices, However, I am considering about using PBX app for my androi phone. I found only one app: VirtualPBX Phone with some impressive description about features on google play for this app but it has a few review and I want to hear from you- member of pbs forum. :
  • Outbound calls use your company Caller ID, instead of your personal phone number.
  • Record both inbound and outbound calls automatically or on demand.
  • Centralized business voice messaging, with voicemails sent to your email address.
  • Real-time reports, logs, and monitoring of all calls with detailed records.
  • Customized company greetings, voicemail, hold music, and more.
  • Dial other extensions directly, using just the extension number.
  • Instant access to your Virtual PBX main menu by pressing just one key.
  • Enhanced security though Virtual PBX’s unique provisioning system.
Do you have any idea about this app? you have any other instead? I am really interested in installing on smartphone. It will be more convenient, perhaps, for all of us, busy man. By the way, you can show me where to download apk for pc for your recommended app. Thanks! my favorite site seems not available for PBX apps: http://choilieng.com

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
I just looked at it. It seems to be a vendor-locked version of a Counterpath SIP Phone for Android (Perhaps from them).
It won't work on a generic Asterisk or FreePBX based PBX.

The big problem with VoIP over LTE (or lesser) data networks is that is just does not work very well.

A better suggestion, if you own/use a Asterisk or FreePBX based system is to dial into a DISA and have it dial out using the company number.
That way, everything is over the voice network from the Smartphone.

I'm thinking of writing an IOS/Android app that does the above for Generic open-source PBX flavors, using DISA and other functionality, but just don't have enough round-tuits at the moment...

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I find Bria to be a fine product if you have sufficient internet (4G or WIFI). If not, then to get much of that functionality, try Prefixer - works great (but unfortunately for Iphone folks - its only available to Android devices).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.