SOLVED park-return-routing change timeout

shragel

Reaction score
exten => 70,1,Set(PLOT=70)
exten => 70,n,Dial(${PARKCALLBACK},15,tr)
exten => 70,n,Set(PARKCALLBACK=)
exten => 70,n,Goto(ext-miscdests,39,1)

I want to make changes to the second row. I want the MOH to play and make a larger timeout than 15 seconds.

How can I change it?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Why don't you use the GUI
Applications -> Parking -> Default
Here you can change MOH, timeout (callback return) among other options

shragel

Reaction score
There is no option there to change how long it should ring when it does call back. Only how long until it calls back.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Saying THAT what are you using? Wazo / Issabel / FreePBX (and if it's the freePBX one, it most certainly is there (Under applications section) )

shragel

Reaction score
2017-09-05_114813.png

The only option here is Parking Timeout. There is nothing to change the amount of time it will try the extension.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Parking does not try an extension, it places the call in an orbit waiting for someone to pick up the call.
The call will return if not picked up after the parking time out option.

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
Try what extension, the one that parked it to begin with? The Time out is how long they can STAY parked -- The Parked Music Class is the MOH you want -- COme Back to Origin set to YES send the call bat from whence it came and uses THAT extension's default ring tome (which is on the Extensions page and may show Default which I believe is 20 seconds (don't have access to the redd pbx one anymore but that default time I believe is set in Advanced settings.

So what you want is Time out (How long can they stay on hold, the Parked Music Class for the MOH and leave at return to origin and the extension will ring until it's usual time out for NoAnswer and head the call then to the Voice mail or whatever you have set for destination if NoAnswer at the bottom of the extensions screen.

shragel

Reaction score
Exactly the problem. The extension ring time is not used. Also the advanced setting default is not used. It writes a 15 for 15 seconds.

shragel

Reaction score
Parking does not try an extension, it places the call in an orbit waiting for someone to pick up the call.
The call will return if not picked up after the parking time out option.

When the call returns to the extension in only rings for 15 seconds. There is no setting to change that.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Dialplan and Operational -> Ringtime Default

shragel

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help. But like i said in the initial question the settings have no effect on this. Look what I have set.

2017-09-06_084657.png

2017-09-06_084657.png

Its hardcoded in the file. So my question again. Is there a way to overwrite
park-return-routing

mattburris

Reaction score
Did this ever get resolved? It seems like IncrediblePBX 13-13 still has the issue where you can't change the amount of time "back to origin" condition will ring the extension for.

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
OK since this is months old, I went back and reread the entire thing, I think what the OP is asking is when a call is parked by and extension (say receptionist) and the call is not answered by the person it is meant for (Sales you have a call holding on 71) the call is then returned to the receptionist, but for how many rings (seconds) This I think is what you want to change.

If I am right in what you are after the answer is it is NOT in the parking lot settings. It is a time that any call to any extension rings X times (this is the Default ring time in Advanced settings [I think] and will affect ALL extensions). There used to be a ring time on each extension so say most phones (employees) are set for default of 15 (seconds) [ this is roughly 3 rings, 5 seconds=1 ring] so set most to the default as if no answer the call ends up in the person's voicemail as a regular call as if for the first time instead of being parked. But set the receptionist's phone to say 25 seconds (5 rings) sometimes they may get busy.

Hope this is what you are after. Good luck.

mattburris

Reaction score
You are understanding what I'm asking.

I just triple checked, my default ring time and extension ring time are both set to 30 seconds (and do ring for that amount of time during normal conditions.) Unfortunately, no matter how long I set the ring time for, the "origin ring back" time is always just 15 second.

I'm on IncrediblePBX 13-13 Rpi by the way.

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
I have 13-13 but not RPi3 - so it may be slightly different. I will let a RPi expert try to answer this as when it rings back to original (parking) extension, it should honor that extension's ring time. If it does not, something else is amiss.

RPi3 gurus read the explaination in Post 13 above if Post 1 and subseqent do not make sense, my Post 7 was WAY off but this is an old post too.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
this works on my Incredible 13
open /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
around line 1900
copy the section [park-return-routing]
close
now open /etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf
paste the copied section
modify line
exten => 70,n,Dial(${PARKCALLBACK},15,b(func-apply-sipheaders^s^1),tr)
replacing the value after {PARKCALLBACK} with your desired value
save and restart asterisk

shragel

Reaction score
Thanks. Exactly what i was looking for. How to override it. Its hard coded to 15 seconds.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.