Parallels: Failed Media Check

BassKozz

Reaction score
I just got finished downloading the torrent version of the CD image for PBX-in-a-Flash (further referred to as PIAF), and I fired up Parallels to create a VM for testing PIAF before I put it on my CentPBX box, and I ran the media check
Code:
linux mediacheck
and I got the following error message:
failedmediacheck.jpg

I thought it might be due to the fact that µTorrent was still running, so I first stopped the torrent and tested again... same error message, I then closed out µTorrent completely... same error message.

Could the torrent be messed up, or is it because I am trying to run in Parallels as an image file as apposed to burning to CD?

Thanks for the great work on this, I can't wait to get it up and running :D
-BassKozz

BassKozz

Reaction score
Nevermind... I mounted the image with Daemon Tools (instead of using Parallels to mount the image), and re-ran, and it works:

mediacheckpassed.jpg

Sorry for the false alarm :eek:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Actually, that's good information because the image passes the media check on both a Linux box and using VMware. So, it will be good to alert others that results with Parallels may be different. Thanks.

BassKozz

Reaction score
Actually, that's good information because the image passes the media check on both a Linux box and using VMware. So, it will be good to alert others that results with Parallels may be different. Thanks.
I never thought of it that way, your welcome.
Keep up the great work. :D
p.s. I changed the topic title to be more descriptive (added: "Parallels")

Titanous

Reaction score
It looks like you changed the subtitle, not the title.

BassKozz

Reaction score
It looks like you changed the subtitle, not the title.
Apparently edits to the title are not allowed, or don't reflect on the forum page... ohh well, I did change the title but the forum didn't change it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.