DEAL OVH VPS for XiVO $3.49/mo.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

We're pleased to introduce the new OVH.com platform for XiVO. It may very well be the best VPS deal with the least install quirks on the planet. You can thank our friends at 3CX for the tip. And, yes, PIAF5 works great at OVH as well. Incredible PBX for XiVO Installation tutorial available here.

CwvzL4eWgAQOpC7.jpg

Last edited:

lowno

Guru
Reaction score
How can they afford to stay in business with these prices? A similar machine on DO is WAY more expensive.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Seem to be doing just fine. Servers are powerful and cheap these days. This pricing model is 30% less than D.O. with quadruple the RAM.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Do they have a built in firewall as part of there service or do we need to relies on the pbx firewall ?

Gary

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Ovh is a french company ;-) they always have very good price. Many xivo users using xivo with ovh.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
But be aware that OVH hosts a huge number of largely Palestinian and eastern European rogue voip kiddiescripters. Don't ever accept your "own network" from them as safe.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
But be aware that OVH hosts a huge number of largely Palestinian and eastern European rogue voip kiddiescripters. Don't ever accept your "own network" from them as safe.

Do you mean the entire public IP subnet?? As far as I know, they don't set up private LAN addresses by default.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
The 2GB of RAM is what gets me. That's the one item that still adds into pricing. I was happy getting 50% more on Vultr (768) versus DO (512) ... but a whole 2048 ?? The Disk space is cheap, so offering the 10gb or 15 or even 20 I can understand, but 2 GB of RAM ? I'll watch to see what others have to experience with this.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Where are their datacenters? Vultr has them spread around, looks like they only have canada east coast in North America?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.