TIPS Outgoing trunks

yosef guttman

Reaction score
Hi all I am new at this and trying to get a freepbx system up and working.
So far I have extensions and can call in a google voice line and select the extension, However I set up an outgoing trunk with the same number and I can't seem to get my extension to reach it. All I get when I pick up the phone is a busy signal type of noise. Not sure what i missed to set up I thought I followed all the instructions properly. Any ideas please let me know
thanx
Yosef

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum. You will find a great deal of information and helpful tips on this site.

For best result, it is always recommended that you state which version of PiAF you are using, in case the issue or solution is unique to that particular release. Sometimes the problem is fairly generic, so further investigation (and details) would be required.

In general terms, you would need BOTH an Outbound Route, AND a trunk, to initiate calls from your PBX to the outside world. The Outbound route will analyze the string of dialled digits, and decide where to direct the call. You may have a number of Trunks defined, and the Outbound Route will point to one (or, a list of trunks).

If you already have configured these two essentials, then it would be helpful for us to see the actual configuration details (after you've masked sensitive credentials, of course), so that we can check for any errors. In addition, you can attempt to place a call from an extension, then immediately got to Reports >> Asterisk Logfiles, and scroll through the dialogue. If you have trouble deciphering the call log, copy and paste the results back to us, and we'll do our best to work through it. Make sure you copy all the events of the call leading up to the failure, by noting the time-of-day at the beginning of each line. Then, when you go to "paste" the details in your reply, make sure you enclose them in a "code block" (the {} brackets at the top of the reply form), so that the text formatting is preserved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.