FOOD FOR THOUGHT Outbound across 2 PBX's

kewing75

Reaction score
I have 2 PBX's setup. The corp office and the branch. The branch office can call the corp office extension and the corp office can call the branch extensions. But the only problem is the branch office cant make any outbound calls. The only outbound sip trunk we have is connected to the corp office. I have my outbound route set to call out over the IAX2 trunk to the Corp PBX but all i get is all circuits are busy. Any Ideas???????????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I have 2 PBX's setup. The corp office and the branch. The branch office can call the corp office extension and the corp office can call the branch extensions. But the only problem is the branch office cant make any outbound calls. The only outbound sip trunk we have is connected to the corp office. I have my outbound route set to call out over the IAX2 trunk to the Corp PBX but all i get is all circuits are busy. Any Ideas???????????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You still need to setup an outbound route for your normal calls

Dial Patterns:
1800NXXXXXX
1866NXXXXXX
1877NXXXXXX
1888NXXXXXX
NXXNXXXXXX
NXXXXXX
ZNXXNXXXXXX

Then set "Trunk Sequence" to your IAX office

Otherwise please post a log from both offices so we know where to go

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Let's see if I have this right:

1. The branch office extensions can call the corp office's extension
2. And vice versa

Now the branch office can't make outbound calls. Are these outbound calls from the branch office to the PSTN or to anywhere else?

kewing75

Reaction score
Right the branch office has to call thru the corp office PBX for outbound calls. The branch office is just a warehouse with some shipping and receiving guys and 1 salesman. The corp office has 1 sip trunk with 8 call paths out. I looked at the Debug log and it routes to the trunk but it says.
== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
The corp office has the IAX2 trunk from the branch office coming in with a context=from-trunk most likely. This would forward any incoming calls to your inbound route rules as if they are coming from the pstn. Since your branch office is not the pstn, you can change the context to context=from-internal, now the calls coming in from your branch office will be forwarded to the outbound routes and allow the calls to get out.

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
The corp office has the IAX2 trunk from the branch office coming in with a context=from-trunk most likely. This would forward any incoming calls to your inbound route rules as if they are coming from the pstn. Since your branch office is not the pstn, you can change the context to context=from-internal, now the calls coming in from your branch office will be forwarded to the outbound routes and allow the calls to get out.
I'm overthinking this but....should "context=from-internal go on the Main Office trunk settings? Or the Branch Office?

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Ward has an article about this on NV just search on Google for "incredible Pbx interconnect" and one of the articles will talk about iax2 and SIP trunks and how to set them up.

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
I'm in this similar scenario, extension to extension for both office are functional, outbound calls from main and branch office is also ok.
Unfortunately, inbound calls from pstn to branch office is failed.
Please help. Thanks.

kenn10

Reaction score
The best scenario is to set up DUNDI with SIP trunks between the locations. If you define DUNDI correctly, you don't have to do a lot of dialplan magic because DUNDI know's what extension is on what switch and will route calls automatically. The same trunks you set up for DUNDI can also transport external calls back and forth from the PSTN or SIP Trunks. Here is a link that helped me even if it is a little more complicated than it should be:
http://www.voip-info.org/storage/users/813/47813/images/1654/DUNDi_So_Easy.pdf DUNDI is complicated at first until you figure it out and then it greatly simplifies life after you learn to use it.

This NerdVittles article is also very helpful: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=707

@wardmundy also produced an interconnection script but I cannot find that post at this time.

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
Hi Kenn10,

I really appreciate your response. Unfortunately, calls from PSTN still unable to reach my extensions in branch office (IAX2). I believe I successfully setup the DUNDi because I able to perform dundi lookup and has a reply.

Appreciate any response.

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
I always get this error;

-- Invalid extension '55' in context 'ivr-4' on DAHDI/3-1

It looks like my extensions in branch office is not recognize in IVR of main office?
Please help. Thanks.

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
Kenn10,

Received calls from PSTN to remote extension display as "anonymous" in remote extension. Is this normal?
Enable anonymous SIP calls is disable in both of my PBX.
Thanks!

kenn10

Reaction score
Check the context of the trunking between the two PBX's. It should be from-internal on both ends. Also, SIP trunking between sites will give better results than IAX2 trunking. Beyond that, you can Google for other solutions. Keywords like Asterisk IVR Callerid passthru. I found the previous solution by Googling it so you could have found it too.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
PSTN to remote extension display as "anonymous"
That sounds good. If they want to retain their privacy (which should be illegal IMHO ) ; your best plan is to install the blacklist mod and send them to Lenny.
I believe Lenny needs the extra work, and I you want to know what the call was about there are instructions about whether you can safely record those conversations.

If caller has opted for privacy it means he/she doesn't want to be called back. If it is legit and from your family doctor, the STD Clinic, the Police, or other embarrassment, they might realise that witholding their number is counterproductive. If its a Robocall, telemarketer, scammer, then there is little point listening. If its from outwith your allowed calling areas, let them suck on that.

This thread may be a starting place but there will be other threads on here if you search.
Regards

kenn10

Reaction score
I believe the OP was referring to the loss of callerid received at the main location when the call is answered by an IVR and sent to the remote location. I suspect the caller had caller-id but it was not transferred with the caller to the remote pbx.

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
@kenn10 & @ostridge, thanks for sharing your knowledge about "anonymous" display in the second PBX (calling from PSTN). I'll look into your suggestion and update here.

One problem I also encountered was even the caller hang up the phone, remote PBX extension is still ringing for up to about 60seconds, as I observed.

Appreciate any idea. Thanks much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.