GO HERE OSS Endpoint Package Manager Errors

Michael Monahan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just finished installing the new Incredible PBX with GVSIP and I am able to make and recieve calls with a soft phone. Now I am ready to connect my Sangoma S500 but I am having difficulty getting the OSS end point manager to work. New to Incredible but have used FreePBX for a bit. When I go to add my phones using the package manager and run "Check for Updates" I am getting a Whoops Error that indicated that there is a "Temporary Name Resolution Error". Full error is get_headers():php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.

The install I did was from the most recent ISO that uses Scientific Linux.

Has anyone seen this one before and have any ideas?

Michael Monahan

Reaction score
Just found a thread that indicates OSS EndPoint Manager is pretty much dead. Anyone have any ideas how to setup a Sangoma s500 endpoint on Incredible. Was pretty spoiled on FreePbx with the endpoint manager. Never added an endpoint any other way successfully. I don't do this for a living or as a long term hobby so I am less technical than most of you, just had a setup that I used for my home office.phones. Everything died when Google dropped XMPP. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Endpoint Manager is no longer in Sangoma's repository. They'd prefer you buy their commercial version.

Take a look at this tutorial. To get the latest (free) version, run:

Code:
cd /root
./gplinstall endpointman

Michael Monahan

Reaction score
Endpoint Manager is no longer in Sangoma's repository. They'd prefer you buy their commercial version.

Code:
cd /root
./gplinstall endpointman

Thank you for such a quick response. I looked at the info and I did not see any modules related to Endpoint manager. I ran the command you suggested and do not see anything different. Can't figure out what I am missing.

mitterhuemer

Reaction score
Hello Community,

i maintained and updated OSS Endpointmanager the last few months.

OSS Endpointman 14.0.1.8 is released today. I fixed the must Bugs which made OSS EPM unusable.
https://github.com/FreePBX-ContributedModules/endpointman/commits/release/14.0

https://git.freepbx.org/projects/FPBXCN/repos/endpointman/browse?at=refs/heads/release/14.0

Also Sangoma removed the module Conflict, you can now use Endpoint and OSS Endpointman together at you own risk. (At least in the original FreePBX14, i dont know if there is a way to install the Comercial Endpoint Manager in incrediblepbx)

I released it for FreePBX 14 because i did not test things on 13 anymore.

I can try to create a V13 Package then we will see which things dont work on FPBX13.

I dont read much about the Future of PBXInaflash? Will there anytime be a release for FreePBX14 Support? I never really used incrediblepbx in a production environment.

Regards,

Last edited:

mitterhuemer

Reaction score

It still is in Sangomas Repository it is just not published anymore under the "master" branch, they are now in Release 13.0 and 14.0
https://github.com/FreePBX-ContributedModules/endpointman/tree/release/14.0

https://git.freepbx.org/projects/FPBXCN/repos/endpointman/browse?at=refs/heads/release/14.0

Last edited:

Michael Monahan

Reaction score
Hello Community,

i maintained and updated OSS Endpointmanager the last few months.

OSS Endpointman 14.0.1.8 is released today. I fixed the must Bugs which made OSS EPM unusable.
https://github.com/FreePBX-ContributedModules/endpointman/commits/release/14.0

Also Sangoma removed the module Conflict, you can now use Endpoint and OSS Endpointman together at you own risk. (At least in the original FreePBX14, i dont know if there is a way to install the Comercial Endpoint Manager in incrediblepbx)

I released it for FreePBX 14 because i did not test things on 13 anymore.

I can try to create a V13 Package then we will see which things dont work on FPBX13.

I dont read much about the Future of PBXInaflash? Will there anytime be a release for FreePBX14 Support? I never really used incrediblepbx in a production environment.

Regards,
Thank you. I switched over from FreePBX to Incredible PBX due to the Google Voice XMPP going away issue. If there is a way to enable the new GVSIP solution that was put together for Incredible PBX in FreePBX I have not found it yet. At least not a fix that my simple self can easily deploy anyway.

mitterhuemer

Reaction score
Thank you. I switched over from FreePBX to Incredible PBX due to the Google Voice XMPP going away issue. If there is a way to enable the new GVSIP solution that was put together for Incredible PBX in FreePBX I have not found it yet. At least not a fix that my simple self can easily deploy anyway.

I am not able to test GVSIP because it is not available in our country. I'm Sorry.

chris_c_

Reaction score
I looked at the code. Unless I missed something, the GVSIP patch affects only the PJSIP / PJPROJECT code to add support for the SIP protocol to let it talk to GV's remote SIP trunk, the patch doesn't affect Asterisk, nor the FreePBX PHP web portal. So the GVSIP patch should work fine on FreePBX, IncrediblePBX, Asterisk 13, 14, 15.

chris_c_

Reaction score
@Michael Monahan
Good question. As long as you first make a snapshot backup of your freepbx server, it can't hurt to try and run install-gvsip, worst case scenario you just revert to your snapshot backup and all is put back to as it was.
If your freepbx is in use, you can try running it on a virtualbox vm containing freepbx, before you run it on your live production freepbx.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.