TRY THIS OSS Endpoint Manager FIXED

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Fresh install. Went to start configuring phones in endpoint manager and it's doing some weird things. Some of the place holders are the wrong language. Clicking the icons to open mac.cfg or aastra.cfg brings up a blank editor with the words "Texto 456" in the box. Save buttons don't work, console debug says "There is no action for the button named save". Everything else is working fine, just all the endpoint stuff. I've include some sample screen shots. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    29.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Looks like its defaulting to spanish ?? I use OSS-EPM and works well, but not using Aastra

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Looks like its defaulting to spanish ?? I use OSS-EPM and works well, but not using Aastra
Yeah, this is OSS-EPM That's installed automatically with nerdvittles install script. Maybe I'll remove it and reinstall. No idea why its language is Spanish. It's pretty much unusable on my system with the broken buttons and missing config files in editor mode. I'm doubting building a "new" template with latest GUI. Oh well, moving forward.

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, uninstall/reinstall no different. Still wrong language, still pretty much broken. Now it can't even pull down phone xml info. I'll look at the commercial modules later. This latest customer only has 4 phones so no big deal for me to set them up manually.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@sactobob: Here's a first cut at getting OSS Endpoint Manager working. You also will need to install a t*f*t*p server pointed to /tftpboot directory for files. The first installer (below) loads ALL available EPM modules and downloader remains broken because nobody works on this any longer. Andrew Nagy, who maintained and developed a lot of it, now works for Sangoma. The second installer setups up TFTP server for you on CentOS platforms only.

THIS ONLY WORKS WITH INCREDIBLE PBX 13-13 WITH ITS FREEPBX 13 GPL MODULES!!
Code:
cd /
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/epm.tar.gz
tar zxvf epm.tar.gz
./install-epm.sh

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/setup-tftp
chmod +x setup-tftp
./setup-tftp

Last edited:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
FYI - Not sure what the load that Ward sent gets, but I have a couple phones working on the system that weren't originally listed. So if you need assistance with any of the following, let me know.

GXP-2160 and
Yealink T29
HT701 (works from HT486)
HT702 (works from HT286)

I was going to make one for GXP-2170 - but think I'm doing all new phones to Yealink T29 now.

rygel_fievel

Reaction score
Having the same problem on a fresh install of 13.13.10 vbox image dated 2/13/19.

Applied the epm and t*f*t*p scripts provided by Ward, then enabled a phone through the package manager, went to advanced settings and updated the IP address with the use me button for the provisioning server so it doesn't give an error in endpoint manager device list.

I can add a template in template manager (Polycom IP 650) but when I edit it, gives me the error: unable to sync local template files - TYPE:0

Some pages show in Spanish others in English. This is first time I've used EndPoint Manager so I may be missing something.

justin_nyc

Reaction score
I had to uninstall polycom under connectivity>OSS endpoint package manager then it had an option to install, after reinstalling the polycom package, under the model series there was a FW install button that wasn't there before, installing FW fixed this for me

rygel_fievel

Reaction score
I had to uninstall polycom under connectivity>OSS endpoint package manager then it had an option to install, after reinstalling the polycom package, under the model series there was a FW install button that wasn't there before, installing FW fixed this for me
I clicked the uninstall option as indicated by you and after it refreshed, the model doesn't show up anymore and it isn't hidden either. :(

edit2: Check for updates and uninstall option appears to give some type of error message dialog box and only option is to click OK. Good thing I saved snapshot.

edit3: Also noticed that nmap isn't installed from path of advanced settings so did yum install nmap and executable is there now but still having same issues.

edit4: I was able to bypass my original error message (can't edit template) by downloading the polycom.tgz package from the Package Server link listed in advanced settings and importing it back in.

Last edited:

mattburris

Reaction score
FYI - Not sure what the load that Ward sent gets, but I have a couple phones working on the system that weren't originally listed. So if you need assistance with any of the following, let me know.

GXP-2160 and
Yealink T29
HT701 (works from HT486)
HT702 (works from HT286)

I was going to make one for GXP-2170 - but think I'm doing all new phones to Yealink T29 now.

I'd love to get the info for the gxp-2160

Thanks!

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Here you go - just go to OSS Endpoint Advanced Settings / Package Import Export / Import Brand Package.

Then use this file.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I have 2140's, with sidecars, no phone OSS for me, they have the 2130 and 2160, but no 2140 (4 line) -- Oh well, not important.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Kevin, the config files are essentially the same, so what you can do is use the OSS with your 2140's, but select the 2160. Just don't use more than 4 lines for it and it will download just fine. The P-Value are the same.

FYI - that's the same strategy I employed with Yealink T29 vs T46.

geodash

Reaction score
Here you go - just go to OSS Endpoint Advanced Settings / Package Import Export / Import Brand Package.

Then use this file.
Hello the file is no longer available. Could you kindly help configure my polycom vvx450. Thanks

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Hello the file is no longer available. Could you kindly help configure my polycom vvx450. Thanks

That file was for the GXP2160 ... I can get that for you, but I don't have the config file for vvx450

geodash

Reaction score
That file was for the GXP2160 ... I can get that for you, but I don't have the config file for vvx450
Hello you can give me the GXP2160. I will try to see if I can modify it to meet my needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.