OS X/Intel binary

ppmax

Guru
Reaction score
Hi--

I currently use trixbox via VMWare Fusion (Mac) and its a great solution. However it's a but cumbersome: I'd like to (re)boot my machine and not have to Suspend and restart VMWare. A while back I tried compiling asterisk with the hope that I could get everything (asterisk, freepbx, etc) configured and running but hit a couple major snags. I also tried downloading and installing an asterisk/OS X package/binary from Mezzo.net but was again unable to get things sorted properly. There was a fellow posting on Ward's site a while back that seemed to have gotten all the kinks worked out but he never posted a good tutorial for us mortals. ;)

I think it would be great if there was an option to download and install an OS X "native" working precompiled binary available. Running through the freepbx configuration script and setting paths properly is fairly easy compared to getting all the asterisk bits compiled and working properly.

Anyways: I love the flexibility of using Fusion but I believe it's best suited for firing up environments that are used occasionally--not for "servers/services" that are running all the time. (I'm sure there will be other opinions on that note).

What do you think?

Tdar

Reaction score
Just yesterday I was thinking ..wouldn't it be great if someone made a OSX install package for PBX in a Flash! Just think how cool a home based PBX this would make on a Mac Mini. As I just happen to have one here:)..... I'm still looking into this and trying to understand what would be required. All of the parts are available so it would mostly be a packaging task (not that that's not a lot of work). On the other hand, there are many reports that say Asterisk does not run well on a Mac under OSX mostly due to the lack of Zap support (and Zdummy for most of us). I'm also looking at the Afelio project where they are writing a native OSX PBX.....

I'd love to hear what others think.....

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.