TUTORIAL Original Asterisk Upgrade Script

Reaction score
The script actually works with CentOS 7 (I'm upgrading from Ast 13.7 to 13.18 tonight)

The only change I had to make to the script was to add "--with-pjproject-bundled" to the configure command to cause it to pull in the pjsip as a standalone package.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I've run this script many times over the years with nothing but 100% success until recently. Seems I can't upgrade past 13.21. When I run the script it looks like everything is running the way it should and have even seen references to 13.22 and 13.23 in the file paths when it scrolls up the screen, but once its done I am still on 13.21.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've run this script many times over the years with nothing but 100% success until recently. Seems I can't upgrade past 13.21. When I run the script it looks like everything is running the way it should and have even seen references to 13.22 and 13.23 in the file paths when it scrolls up the screen, but once its done I am still on 13.21.

Scripts no longer work because of the GVSIP additions to Asterisk 13.21. Those additions are not yet reliable after that version, and the upgrade scripts don't support GVSIP at all.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Scripts no longer work because of the GVSIP additions to Asterisk 13.21. Those additions are not yet reliable after that version, and the upgrade scripts don't support GVSIP at all.
Ok I don't use Google Voice at all, so that isn't really a concern. How else do we update an existing build moving forward?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ok I don't use Google Voice at all, so that isn't really a concern. How else do we update an existing build moving forward?

We had a design choice to make with Incredible PBX 13-13. Either we had to lock down the build with hard-coded components to guarantee that Google Voice would work with Asterisk 13, or we could deep six Google Voice. We couldn't do both because of all the patches required to get Google Voice to work with a specific version of Asterisk 13. We opted to support Google Voice. If you want the latest and greatest Asterisk 13 (and I'm not sure what this buys you) then you'll need to review the Incredible PBX 13-13 install script. It shows you how to download the latest Asterisk 13. Then you'll need to follow the install steps in the script after removing the patch commands. It's not hard, but it's not something we plan to support until GVSIP becomes a supported component of Asterisk (probably with Asterisk 16).

Last edited:

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
OK thanks. It's not that big of a deal as long as there are no security issues that get discovered with 13.21 that would make me want to actively pursue upgrading it. I will be waiting with baited breath for the new version of Incredible :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.