FYI OPUS support for Rasberry Pi 3B+

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
I've already tried from a fresh install, make menuselect and turned on OPUS and recompiled but same results. I've even installed a later version of OPUS 1.1.5 and tried that with the same results.

The only thing I've thinking is OPUS is not compatible with Raspberry Pi ARM processor?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have info on getting OPUS to work with latest version for Raspberry Pi 3B+?

The only thing I've thinking is OPUS is not compatible with Raspberry Pi ARM processor?

Correct. No OPUS module, of which we are aware, is available (yet) for ARM.

Jaron

Reaction score
Running Debian based Pi, libopus can be installed (easily) with > sudo apt-get install opus-tools
This has been available since August 2018 as far as i know.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks, @Jaron. By all means, give it a try and let us know how it goes. You'll need to recompile Asterisk with OPUS after adding the package.

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
Got it working:

Step #1:
Code:
cd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/
wget https://sourceforge.net/p/raspbx/discussion/tutorials/thread/855b8b02/c915/attachment/codec_opus_open_source.so

Step #2: Enable the Opus codec in iPBX GUI > Settings > Asterisk Sip Setting > General Sip Setting > Audio Codec

Step #3:
Code:
fwconsole restart
asterisk -rx "core show codecs"

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.