SOLVED Opensips dialplan question

sirdotcom

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to dial international numbers through Skyetel with the Opensips setup. I've tried different dialplans, gateway prefixes, and more but calls never go through. I'm also not sure how to see what's going on, since the sip trace doesn't seem to work and the logs only show auth failures. I have a dialplan line of ^(\d*)$ which should let through any number of digits, and a routing Rule that has the three Skyetel HC servers with a prefix of 011. No matter what combination of things I try, the calls never go through. I'm kind of in the dark since I don't how to see what the system is doing since apparently dialplan logic is not logged. Thanks for any help.

Thanks,
Steve

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Generic answer since I am not sure exactly where you are at with this. Have you tried looking at the what is being sent/received with sngrep? That is usually the first thing I do for just about any problem assuming something is being sent/received.

Last edited:

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I tried sngrep and that's a great little program! I'll be using it in the future for sure. Unfortunately though, my problem seems to be isolated to within opensips so I can't tell what's going on exactly.
Thanks,
Steve

Generic answer since I am not sure exactly where you are at with this. Have you tried looking at the what is being sent/received with sngrep? That is usually the first thing I do for just about any problem assuming something is being sent/received.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Have you tried a Dialplan Translation Rule like this? Change {9} to number of digits after 011X dial string.

^011[1-9][0-9]{9}+$

I'm assuming you also have added a Rule (outbound route) under Dynamic Routing that covers your 011 prefix calls.

Also check with Skyetel for the correct dial string for international calls. May require +.

Last edited:

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I gave that a try, and like before I get a "extension not allowed" sip message from Opensips. I'm really fascinated to figure this out. I just wish I could make it log it's dialplan processing (or maybe it is there somewhere but I don't know.)

Have you tried a Dialplan Translation Rule like this? Change {9} to number of digits after 011X dial string.

^011[1-9][0-9]{9}+$

I'm assuming you also have added a Rule (outbound route) under Dynamic Routing that covers your 011 prefix calls.

Also check with Skyetel for the correct dial string for international calls. May require +.

billsimon

Reaction score

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info. I finally got it to work. First I deleted all the Skyetel servers except the HC ones just to be sure. Then, after analyzing the log I saw that it was matching your regex but the call was declined. So I changed the Rule prefix to 0 and then left just two HC servers (as I found, the main hc.skyetel.com resolves to what they call 2 and 3 and opensips was having trouble looking them up.) At that point it worked! I'm very impressed, but wow, opensips is pedantic!

See https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Interface-CoreMI-2-2#log_level

Use "opensipsctl fifo log_level 4" and then try your call. Debug-level output will be in the syslog.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.